Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/thebeephahas-03-fx-mods-65611/

Above in that link are the details thus far on my car. So far I am loving the car but am really unhappy with how much body roll and how wobbly the suspension and steering feel, my car isn't fastest but that doesn't mean I don't like to take a spirited drive around a corner now and then.

I have a total budget of around oh lets say $500-750 for suspension goodies excluding what I will do with struts/springs or maybe coilovers.

I'm thinking, endlinks, bushings, sway bars for starters but don't really know what to get.

Chime in, with what I should do, links to the product are preferred.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before anybody tells you to use the search I will say to buy some used WRX parts.
That's the issue, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I've been reading a lot around here but am not coming up with decisive answers, everyone does something a little bit different.

My preference is things I can bolt on myself, without the need to mod anything etc... Used is fine but hard to get on a whim.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
even though you dont want to hear it, i recommend reading the how to turn better than an sti thread @ the top of this page. i basically used that as my forester suspension bible. ill give you a little cliff notes though and tell ya what id spend my money on!

i always like to ask this however, what are your plans w/ the car? just spirited DD or do you plan on racing a little bit (track/autox)?
This is helpful, gives me an idea maybe where to focus and points out a lot more potential things I can do. The thread on turning better than an STI was a bit overwhelming.

Mostly a spirited daily driver, but you never know I guess though with an N/A engine there's only so much one can do so autox etc is unlikely.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For now gonna do swift springs, then build off that. Likely taking into much of the advise of fourortwowheels and others here.

May do shocks later down the road but I've read several people here are happy with the OE shocks w/ swifts.

Just to confirm this is the one to get:

Mann Engineering - Subaru Parts and Performance

Specifically the "MY04-08 Forester 2.5XT" variant for my 03X?

Also was thinking about the Subtle 1" lift kit, a little expensive, but I like my Forester up high and since the pinks take me down around 1.5" average I think the 1" lift would keep me right about where I am now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts