Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and gals...
As some of you know, I have been saying that my wife and I are looking at buying a 2010 (or 2011) Forester Touring since we can not afford the XT with our added parental responsibilities. All that was left was to choose the color....

Not anymore. Kinda...LOL

I just looked at Subaru's Canadian website, and there are new models available. And they're being called 2010 models.

New to the lineup (as far as I know, and I have been checking their site a lot), are the Outdoor (they have a hitch as standard) and Sport-tech packages.

2.5X Outdoor Package
PZEV Outdoor Package
2.5X Sport-tech

Now when I looked at the differences between the Touring and Sport-tech, the Sport-tech has all the features the Touring used to have, AND MORE !!!

New stuff and I quote their site:

VALUE-ADDED FEATURES TO STAY CONNECTED:

* Pioneer® AVIC in-dash navigation/audio system (AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA ) with detachable touchscreen and SD card with 12 million points of interest
* iPod®/USB audio integration with text display
* Bluetooth® hands-free system
* 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels
* Sport-tech badge

I am very happy about this news, and now am looking at the 2010 Sport-tech, and no longer the Touring, because, the "new" Touring model no longer has the reclining rear seats, wiper de-icer, fog lights, leather steering wheel / gear shifter, etc...

But the weird thing is that it's the SAME PRICE as the "new" Touring model ?!?!?

So what gives?

Edit: From what I can see in the photo on the Subaru.ca website, the Pioneer AVIC radio is the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT CVT
48 Posts
Interesting packaging.. they must not have updated the prices on the website.

Here's the comparison.. The 2.5X vs Outdoor, and Touring vs. Sport-Tech.
Subaru Canada - Vehicle Compare

The Outdoor and Sport-Tech indeed have more then their base model, yet are the same posted price.

But the new Touring does still has all the features as before, heated everything, fogs, etc. Nothing has been take away, from what I can tell.

Interesting that the Sport-Tech has both Sat and iPod/USB hookup, not possible with the original head unit. Must be the new Stereo that allows this. Wonder how much is it to buy separately?

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Thanks for the post. I was trying to help someone else here decipher the trim level on the Outdoor Package, nothing was yet posted on Subaru Canada's (poor) website. I thought it could have been similar to the Columbia Edition that Subaru has made available in limited numbers here over the years.
I can't say I'm a fan of the many "Option Packages" that Subaru has added to the SH platform. I can still remember the good old days :crazy: when you got the model/trim level that you purchased X, XS, XSP and XT. That was good enough for anyone who bought a Forester then.:lol:

And let's not get started on the Canadian pricing:chair:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Looking at http://www.cars101.com at some of the new info there for the 2011 Outback: 9 models, 22 option packages, 9 colours for a possible 198 option combinations plus 5 PZEV models + packages and colour options equal 135 variations available.

Now you know why people are waiting for their new cars:crazy:

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Wonder how much is it to buy separately?
US$400 from Crutchfield, including mounting kit and instructions.

Hmmm...

Jim / crewzer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts