Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
09 Audi A4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been reading through the forum and researching the 2010 Forester. My girlfriend was wanting a new car and I steered her in the direction of a Forester, since I really like the car. Fortunately, she really loves the car. She is looking at a Premium w/ All Weather Package.

I am trying to figure out if anyone knows of any upcoming December offers that would be worth waiting for. I know the 3.9% offer is going on now, but is there anything else out there worth waiting on?

Also, sticker on this car like, like $25,800, from what I have read it sounds like you can get about 10% off the sticker, so about 23,300 would be pretty good price. Does this still hold true or am I mistaken.

Thanks in advance for reading this and for your help,

Jason

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
An MSRP of $25,824 will have an invoice price of $24,157. I used an example of a Forester Premium we typically sell in PA, which is an automatic car with all-weather package, PZEV, a convenience group (luggage cover, cargo mat, bumper cover, splash guards), and auto-dimming mirror.

Your $23,300 is way way low, it's actually impossible. A good price, around here, not sure of how popular Subarus are in Chicago, would be invoice or maybe a hundred over.

I wouldn't wait til December, I honestly don't think incentives are going to change, there's no need for them to. You'd be better off going into a dealer in the last day or two of the month- Novembers are slow for Subaru historically, and I know around here we'd go maybe $200-300 under to close a deal by the end of the month.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
As a general rule of thumb for the '10 Foresters, if you get it within a hundred or so bucks of invoice, you're getting a good deal. Again, I'm sure there are regional variances, and occasionally, if timed right, you can get for a few hundred under, but overall, if you walk in and offer invoice, you'll likely get a deal with minimal haggling.

In case you don't know, you can go here and spec out a vehicle, just make sure you complete all the steps so it factors in destination fees, and make sure you click the PZEV emissions equipment option if your area stocks PZEV cars. Edmunds will usually be fairly accurate when it comes to invoice pricing.

·
Registered
09 Audi A4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a general rule of thumb for the '10 Foresters, if you get it within a hundred or so bucks of invoice, you're getting a good deal. Again, I'm sure there are regional variances, and occasionally, if timed right, you can get for a few hundred under, but overall, if you walk in and offer invoice, you'll likely get a deal with minimal haggling.

In case you don't know, you can go here and spec out a vehicle, just make sure you complete all the steps so it factors in destination fees, and make sure you click the PZEV emissions equipment option if your area stocks PZEV cars. Edmunds will usually be fairly accurate when it comes to invoice pricing.
Thanks for all of the help. I really appreciate it. Another thing I noticed is that members of the geologic society of america get up to $3300 off of the sticker price of any new Subaru. Buyer is a geology teacher, I am not sure though if we would be better off just working out the price or trying to take advantage of this offer (Very clearly says UP TO 3300, probably less since this car isn't a top of the line Subaru)

Thanks again for the help,
Jason

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Thanks for all of the help. I really appreciate it. Another thing I noticed is that members of the geologic society of america get up to $3300 off of the sticker price of any new Subaru. Buyer is a geology teacher, I am not sure though if we would be better off just working out the price or trying to take advantage of this offer (Very clearly says UP TO 3300, probably less since this car isn't a top of the line Subaru)

Thanks again for the help,
Jason
If the buyer gets a discount on Subarus it will be called Subaru's VIP program, which will get you invoice. I would go this route, if you're VIP eligible, the dealer gets a certificate and you just walk in and pick your car at invoice. Easy easy.

Mind you, you can probably get just as good a price (maybe less, but not a whole lot) with enough haggling but this makes it much smoother.

Edit: Yeah you would get VIP program: Geological Society of America - Subaru VIP Program

Follow the steps, because the Subaru dealer you work with needs to get a certificate ahead of time before you can go in and talk pricing/vehicles.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Tom Wood Subaru in Indianapolis is offering 1.9% short term (24 month) financing on all 2010 Forester 2.5X's. Must have minimum 750 credit score. At least a 10% down payment req'd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts