Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I picked up a set of used swifts from member Tecky101 and finally installed them on the stock struts hoping to get some of my lost ground clearance back.

Results are in. I gained 1" up front and 1.25 out back, compared to the wrx take offs I use to have on

No photos just yet as my desktop has malware and Im awaiting it to be fixed and upgraded to Win7.

Impressions. The extra clearance is nice! The ride is better than the wrx take offs. But it looks so much better lower.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
Are you still running Impreza 25" tall tires. Swift look silly with small tires. If you use 27" tall tires it would look pretty good although you might lose some acceleration. Stock tire is 26.3" tall.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
What are your first impressions of the ride and handling? Alot cushier?

Stan

·
Registered
04 forester xt
969 Posts
looks good, my swifts should be arriving today, ill be installing this weekend. hopefully everything goes smooth. any tips?

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks good, my swifts should be arriving today, ill be installing this weekend. hopefully everything goes smooth. any tips?
Air tools FTW!

Sounds like a win-win to me.

I don't think that those pics are an accurate representation of your new stance since it looks like your tires on the right side are jacked up on some snow.
Yea, its slightly in the air but that doesnt affect the drivers side:biggrin:

Progressive rate rear springs ftw!
I have noticed the rear seems to.....well, sound dead. I hit a bump and the front is smooth but the rear seems to thump more. Normal?

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,581 Posts
I have noticed the rear seems to.....well, sound dead. I hit a bump and the front is smooth but the rear seems to thump more. Normal?
That's a tough call. A lot of the noise you get from bumps is from the tires. Every time I changed something in my suspension, it seemed to sound different. All I know is that I think I'm going deaf from my last trip to New Orleans.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a tough call. A lot of the noise you get from bumps is from the tires. Every time I changed something in my suspension, it seemed to sound different. All I know is that I think I'm going deaf from my last trip to New Orleans.
I noticed a huge improvement in the ride quality going from Dunlop Sport 600's to blizzacks. I know the ride will be even better with all seasons.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts