Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Up with the Swift-ness

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Tuned200 
#1 ·
So, I picked up a set of used swifts from member Tecky101 and finally installed them on the stock struts hoping to get some of my lost ground clearance back.

Results are in. I gained 1" up front and 1.25 out back, compared to the wrx take offs I use to have on

No photos just yet as my desktop has malware and Im awaiting it to be fixed and upgraded to Win7.

Impressions. The extra clearance is nice! The ride is better than the wrx take offs. But it looks so much better lower.

#15 ·
Air tools FTW!

Sounds like a win-win to me.

I don't think that those pics are an accurate representation of your new stance since it looks like your tires on the right side are jacked up on some snow.
Yea, its slightly in the air but that doesnt affect the drivers side:biggrin:

Progressive rate rear springs ftw!
I have noticed the rear seems to.....well, sound dead. I hit a bump and the front is smooth but the rear seems to thump more. Normal?

#28 ·
Gary actually recommends that you don't touch the rears and you can cut from the fronts. But most strut manufacturers I've talked to say if you're dropped less than 1.25" no need to cut at all... even 1.5" is subjective. You'll know when you're on the bump stops when you actually bounce several times (like a dead strut) after a thump. I'm 13.5" from wheel center to fender and I have yet to feel my bump stops. Also, the rears will feel different (tad more thuddy/better damped) compared to the WRX rears because I believe the Forester rear struts are damped better in the rear for the extra weight (even compared to the WRX wagon struts). These are only my observations, so I may be wrong about some stuff.

#29 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.