Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite having RTFM-ed and having done a search, I haven't been able to determine what the storage area in between the rear strut towers is for...I mean, if it were pure storage I'd think it would have been a rectangular opening/shape, but it is somewhat off a pure rectangle...what is everybody using their's for?
-Quick

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,790 Posts
Isn't that where the cargo area privacy shade can be stored? :confused: I always use mine, so I've never tried putting it in there. :smile:

BTW, did you do a forum search on "Gun Compartment?" :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
When I bought my first Forester in 1998, it had a fix antenna on the fender. That storage compartment had a little wrench in it to that loosened/tightened the nut that held the antenna on. When removed, the antenna was stored in that pocket. When I lived in Japan, my girlfriend had a Forester and her manual showed it as an umbrella storage.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I bought my first Forester in 1998, it had a fix antenna on the fender. That storage compartment had a little wrench in it to that loosened/tightened the nut that held the antenna on. When removed, the antenna was stored in that pocket. When I lived in Japan, my girlfriend had a Forester and her manual showed it as an umbrella storage.
sea-scooby-
Why I believe you've got it! Your location in Japan makes me wonder if the Japanese Forester came stock with an umbrella in it?!?!
It does have a semi-circular shape at one end...cool...have to find an umbrella that fits it now...:icon_razz:
-Quick

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I have a net for my roof basket, along with a tow strap and some ratcheting straps in mine.......

(though my sub box is covering about 40% of it, so I cut the door so it can be opened)

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,062 Posts
It's a bit impractical for an umbrella since you'd have to get out of the car (in the rain) to get to it. I store a 24" breaker bar and a folding triangle there. It wouldn't be wide enough for the cargo area cover. It only runs between the strut towers, while the cover goes the full width.

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
It was designed for a collapsable Fly Rod.
Subaru use to show it in a commercial back in 2003-2005, maybe earlier.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
I actually use it to store an umbrella, but I've never used it. If it's really pouring down, who wants to get out of the car, run to the rear, open the hatch, and dig around the far end of the cargo area for the umbrella? By that time I'd be soaked already! :lol:

Maybe I should put jumper cables in there or something.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
13 Posts
Breaker bar in ours, wrapped in a towel so it doesn't rattle. The wife (nor I) have ever had to use it. Would that be considered a concealed weapon? That thing is HEAVY!

Will probably just put ratcheting straps in there once we get our kayaks and kayak rack :icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Spare wiper blades/refills ...... fits well
small folding camping stool
and a machete for cutting back bamboo when I had to take care of my MIL's yard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts