Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is always a hit or miss on if I am able to open the rear trunk on my 2003 Forester with my remote entry. With all the doors locked, when I press the blue unlock/disarm button once, it opens the driver's side door. Pressing the same button another time, opens the other 3 doors. What do I need to do to open the rear trunk? I find myself standing by my car pressing the unlock button, sometimes up to 12 times before the rear trunk opens. What am I doing wrong? I have been dealing with this for 6 years and have had it!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,956 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

I have an '03 & I've never had that problem. The rear hatch should open on the second press with the other doors. I'd guess the release is either loose or corroded. It's not too difficult to pull the panel & take a look see. :wink:

On another note. Have you tried pushing in on the hatch while you use the remote? :confused: I'm just curious if the latch is binding (too tight). :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2003 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 2.5x_sleeper for your response.

I have never tried pushing in on the hatch while I used the remote. I will try that tomorrow. I will also have the hatch checked the next time I go in for an oil change.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts