Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I get a more unique exhaust sound out of my 04 FXT?
Most of the aftermarket exhausts kinda sound similar to me.
I am talking about something like the 02-04 WRC Subaru rally car, or an older air-cooled Porsche 911.
How about crazier sounds like a 95 Yamaha Banshee racing quad, or the Jackie Chan black Subaru in the original Cannonball run movie, or even the Speed Racer Mach 5 sound! I know some of these are silly, but I am just throwing em out there.
Why did the earlier WRC Subaru rally car sound so much different than the USA Subaru rally car?
The WRC one sounded more like a 2 stroke dirt bike, and the US one was a deep boxer rumble.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
lol try unbolting the exhaust after the cat (removing the midpipe and axleback) and see how it sounds. I think a lot of the aftermarket exhausts (especially the big can ones) really ruin the sound of the 2.5L's, they have such a nice deep growl.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
02/04 WRC cars are equal length primaries so sound like any other 4 cylinder, older Group a cars were unequal length so you get the (badly misnamed as engine layout is not relevant) boxer rumble. Which you prefer is personal choice, less/smaller silencers just let more of the noise out!

Simon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts