Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. HAve had a 2006 Forester XT for about 4 months. I have been getting weird drumming vibrations from the rear at speed, but only when going up hill, e.g. motorway inclines, steep passes etc - sounds like a loose exhaust, but isn't. NEVER get it on the flat or downhill.

Now realise that the gap between my rear suspension tyre and wheelarch on the nearside is about 2 inches less than on the offside, but I'd swear it wasn't before!

Any ideas? Self levelling faullt? Ruined shocker? H E LP!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I don't think XT had the self-leveling struts, did they? I think that was only the N/A LL Bean Edition Forester. That's in the US though.

Is your rear sway bar stock? There was a local member who upgraded to an STi rear bar and it kept shifting left to right, making his height uneven. Check the rear sway bar first.

Welcome, BTW.

Stan

·
Registered
05 XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suspension Problems

Well apparently UK spec XTs do have the self levelling, which is why they're highly sought-after as tow-cars in the UK. I doubt there's anything non-stock as previous one owner clearly cherished it and al servicing was from main dealer...... but thanks for the thought.

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X manual
1 Posts
Drumming vibration from rear

Did you ever find out what caused that drumming vibration in the rear of your Forester? I have exactly the same drumming noise going uphill. My Forester 2004 also have those self-leveling dampers. The car is saging in the rear, so I am leaning towards that this is a damper problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.