Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

581 - 593 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester Manual
47 Posts
I think I'm going to order them. I'll blame you if they don't work out. :wink2: JK.

Only 50$/seat. They are a long ways away, but I can get them transferred to a branch near me for pretty cheap and do local pickup. Who knows how long they will take to make their way down here, but i'll update when i have them installed.

·
Registered
05 Forester Manual
47 Posts
Yep, just your basic 05 forester tan interior. Seats are mostly cloth with some pleather edges that are falling apart.

This is my car:

Well, I got those 07 Impreza WRX seats and threw them in. They bolted right in. But I switched the seat belts. Other than that, the connectors were the worst part.

·
kwkforester
2013 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
139 Posts
My13 fxt

I'd love to swap out my driver's seat in my '13 FXT for a WRX version - for the wrap around comfort but would want to keep as many of the seat features as possible...???

Has anyone attempted this?

·
Registered
2006 Forester manual
1 Posts
Will a complete set of WRX 2014 STI seats (even with the back seats) fit directly into a 2006 Forester SG (both European cars)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I'm new here I just got an 09 legacy sedan and I'm wondering if at all possible to swap the fronts and later maybe rear seats from a wrx sti the factory seats are ok but I like the style of the wrx more

·
Registered
06 CGM FXT- Full STi Swap
55 Posts
Looking for some help with 07 Limited STi Seats into an 06 limited XT.
For some reason i can't wrap my head around this and most of the photos are gone or the members who have done this don't post anymore. (yes i read all 30 pages and links like @2.5x_sleeper seat swap). Just totally lost here.
The driver side my plan is to just swap the entire harness off the XT seat onto the STi seat. Since they're both heated and have airbags the only difference is that the XT is a power seat. The plugs for the heater are in the large black connector that operates the motors. Seems easiest to just move it all over and have a few plugs not going to the motors on the sti seat. Thoughts?

The passenger seat is the doom i can't figure out and @Team Scream struggled with.
-Is my only option to use the XT base?
-Has anyone used the hole on the B pillar instead of the seat frame mount point the 06 Xt used?
-Is it worth it to attempt to move the occupancy bladder from the 06 xt seat onto the 07 sti seat?

I just did a full sti swap into the forester yet the seats are confusing the hell out of me.
Any help is appreciated from those who have swapped 06-07 wrx/sti seats into an 06 limited XT. If anyone is in the Seattle area who has done this, i'll gladly buy the beer and pizza for your help.

Left is 06 XT limited passenger seat, right is 07 STi limited passenger seat

Left is 06 xt limited power driver seat, right is 07 sti limited manual seat.

Found this thread with similar issues.
Lots of people with 06's and struggling to figure out how to make a swap work.
Due to the 4 corner sensors i'm wondering if my only option is trying to mate the sti seat back to the xt base. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
FWIW i made them work. Haven't checked for airbag lights yet since the car is still being built. drivers seat plugged right in, robbed the harness off the XT power seat and just plugged in the heater portions. Hoping heaters work still. Didn't swap side airbags. Hoping sine connector is the same they'll work fine.
Passenger was the nightmare. Broke both seats all the way down. Used XT base due to 06's horrible detection system. Cut the xt seat foam down to fill the bottom of the frame and laid the sti seat foam and cover over that. Took some finagling. mated to STI seat back and also left that sti side airbag in. Not sure if there's any difference in the airbags. Going to try them out. Worst case i need to swap side airbags out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
FWIW the forester seat base on the passenger with the sti seat back and sti airbag did not trigger any faults.
The driver seat i did not change anything except the seatbelt receiver over from the forester. Don't think i'd go down this path again just due to the pain in the *** it was, but pretty stoked on the 07 limited seats i have now.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Limited
17 Posts
I have a 2001 SF Forester and have the opportunity to buy 2014 XT front and rear leather seats.
Does anyone know if these will fit?

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
119 Posts
Can anyone re-confirm that the passenger 04-07 STI seat (blue/black, side airbags) fit in the forester? I've had the drivers seat installed for a year or so and finally installed the passenger seat yesterday. I also swapped the air bag sensor and cabling. My problem is the seat STI seat rails don't appear to line up with the foresters mounting. I can get the front 2 bolts in, but the mounting on the transmission/exhaust tunnel has a pretty large gap. Before I go through the trouble of swapping the rails I'm trying to confirm.

Edit: I must have been rushing the fitment. I tried again the next morning and everything aligned with some massaging.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
1 Posts
Hi Guys, thanks so much for the info in this thread, was invaluable

So i just swapped MY15 Standard WRX leather Electric Seats ( not Heated ) into am MY14 SJ Forester that had manual controls for drivers seat. Went really smooth. I bought the plug from the wreckers for the electric seat power ( cost extra $50 as they cut off the loom ). I ran power from the heated seat 15 amp fuse ( unused ) in the fuse panel to below the drivers seat, earth was available under the carpet so used that. Kept the WRX rails on the drivers side, swapped the seatbelt prong over and all worked great, maybe 1 hour with wiring. Passenger side swapped the rails from the forester seat to the WRX seat ( 5 nuts ) , swapped the seatbelt prong and bolt up. Everything works fine, no ABS or Seatbelt lights. Height is fine on the drivers side for me, i am 183cm . Very Happy, So much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, just got a subaru forester 03 X model and I'm wondering if 08-2014 subaru wrx front and rear seats will fit my forester. I know 02-07 wrx will but i wanna know if anyone has tried 08-14?

581 - 593 of 593 Posts