Heated power leather (Black or dark grey) Front and back seats
Also pulled heat switches and console

wanted to use in either

2007 Forester X (WIFE)
sorry no power connection for power or heat

2012 Forester Premier (ME)
Has cloth power and heated seats now.
Same connections ?
Is the rear seat from the 2006 just a bolt to the 2012?
I found out the cargo cover is wider on the older gen forester. SAD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I need a bit of help.

I have looked but might have missed it.

Will 2012 STI seats fit in my 2004 FXT? The seat it's self looks exactly like the 04 06 STI seats but not sure if the rails are the same. Or if I can just bolt my rails on the bottom of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m curious to know if an 01 Legacy GTB jdm rear seats would fit in an 04 Forester X? I am told it’s essentially the same as an 01 outback wagon which ideally could fit in my Forester. Someone set me straight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow, that was a lot to read. anyway, what I was wondering is if a factory 2002-07 wrx front seats bolts right into 2003 foresters. Would it be safe to assume aftermarket seats with rails and brackets for an 04 wrx will bolt right in just the same?

just wanted to make sure before I spend the money for some aftermarket buckets, rails and bracket. thanks in advance

·
Registered
163 Posts
i had the factory 2006 blue/black STi seats in my 2003 forester. it was a direct swap. THEY WERE AWESOME.
i ended up swapping out the metal bases (which was a small pain but not super difficult) because the STi seats sat lower than the forester ones.

the best was selling them 5 years later for the same price i bought them for!

now that i think about it..i may have done something with the airbag connector. might have had to swap the connector. used the forester seat airbag connector as a donor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, asking/posting here after doing a few hours of searching..

I have a 2015 FXT and foolishly bought 2013 STI seats - the rails don't line up. Has anybody put VA seats in the SJ? couldn't find any info on this situation :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2019 Touring model has 8-way power passenger seat. Does anyone know if it can be used in the 2017 touring model? Not sure if there would be an issue with wiring harness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First of all I must say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread! I was able to install a pair of 2009 WRX leather seats into my 2004 FXT fairly easily. The breakthrough came with the "permission" in an entry to put the WRX cushion, fabric and seat back onto my base. Simply genius. Heat works and plugged in but had to clip plastic from seat plug and wrap it with tape once together. Air bags work with no lights but plugs were way different. Cut plugs off and soldered wires together. The only casualty was the seat height adjustment knob on the driver's side. In my ignorance I broke it. So far it hasn't fallen off! DONE!!! My wife even likes them! They do keep me in place.

Now I have a question about rear seats.

I found a rear all leather seat for the Forester. According to the SubieParts guy in Wheatridge it's for an 04-08 so I am in like Flynn, sorta. My question is how to get the upper seat out. The hinge rod goes out through the plastic into the bracket. All bolts are loose but the plastic seems to be part of the rear carpet and without cutting something it doesn't look like it's coming out. I have searched and the FSTi rear seat video doesn't match what I have.

Now I'm thinking... I will try to slide the rod to one side, and out of one bracket, far enough to get away from the plastic. If that works I will do the same on the other side and reverse to reinstall.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for extended thigh support

Good day.

Does anyone had an issue with the drivers seat on a Forester being too short in length, with more thigh support needed? If so, has anyone solved this with a reasonable remedy?

Thanks

Ian:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
35,233 Posts
@Samreppert I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

No experience doing this, but I'm going to guess the front seats will bolt right in. The 2001 was the first year with side airbags, so that covers that.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is it safe to assume that these seats can come in other colors than those listed here? I found a set of 07 WRX leather seats that are one piece tan rather than black, and the only mention of 07 one piece leather seats in this thread is this:

Year: 06/07
model: WRX Limited
style: 1 piece black leather
heated: yes
side airbags: yes
bolt straight into 98-08 Forester: yes
Doing the detective work for the vin# on the car they come from tells me that it is a 2007 Impreza WRX (not limited)

Edit: I think im an idiot... an impreza WRX is not the same thing as a WRX, and the seats don't swap right?

Clued in by this thread:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2161188

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've never seen the seats in your link before in that configuration.

Though the one in your attached photo is something I've seen in an 06/07 wrx wagon. I don't know where else tan leather would come out of in the "bucket" style seat.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Is it safe to assume that these seats can come in other colors than those listed here? I found a set of 07 WRX leather seats that are one piece tan rather than black, and the only mention of 07 one piece leather seats in this thread is this:

Doing the detective work for the vin# on the car they come from tells me that it is a 2007 Impreza WRX (not limited)

Edit: I think im an idiot... an impreza WRX is not the same thing as a WRX, and the seats don't swap right?

Clued in by this thread:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2161188
The thumbnail is a different seat than what is shown in the thread (or am I missing something). Never seen a seat like the one in your thumbnail in that colour — I suspect it is a custom build. The ones shown in the tread are from a sedan — note that you will need wagon seats if you want to use the rear seats.

I am currently thinking of picking up a set of JDM FSTi seats, and swapping the front covers onto a set of USDM wrx seats, so that I can have the JDM FSTi seats, with seat controls on both front seats (keep the left hand jdm base, and swap the driver-side covers onto a usdm wrx base). I have too many projects tho.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just don't know what to think. lol. I still want those seats, and i'll buy them If they'll fit in the forester, but they are in an Impreza WRX sedan right now... attached are a couple more pics from the wrecking yard for the car these seats are in right now.

The thread i linked is only relevant because someone in there says that the seats don't swap between a sedan and a wagon. So if only wagon seats fit in our foresters, then it seems safe to assume that sedan seats would not fit, but i cant figure it out for sure.

I'm just leaving my stock back seats alone, so no worries there.

Attachments

561 - 580 of 585 Posts
About this Discussion
584 Replies
276 Participants
shizuku
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing