Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

541 - 560 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Everyone , I am thinking of picking up some 04 - 05 WRX seats ( front and rear ) for my 98 Forester S. I know that the fronts are bolt in , but does anyone know if the rears would fit? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, looking at maybe adding a 2009 Forester XT to my garage for the wife to go w/ my 2005 Legacy GT Wagon Premium 5MT. The Forester is nice and reasonable mileage, but not a premium trim. I can live w/o the sunroof but not sure if she'll deal with no heated seats, no power seats or no leather. I see a 2005-2009 LGT sedan black leather power heated seat set for sale online, including switch and relays. Would this be a simple sway in the LGT, or not? Any other ideas. Even if there is a way to add heaters and leather (minus the power seats) that might be livable. Let me know what is possible if anyone has any insight, thanks!

Typo alert, sorry, meant: Would this be a simple SWAP in the LGT, or not?

^^^^Okay, 3rd time the charm (can't get edit posts.) I mean Would this be a simple sway to put LGT sedan heated/leather/power seats into the 09 Forester XT, or not?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Simple depends on your definition... but I'm fairly sure the heated seats will be the same wiring harness (although I'm not positive). But you'd need to figure out some way to deal with the power adjustment on the LGT seats, or you won't have any adjustment at all. XT Limited's came with power seats, but I have no idea how comparable they are or what the wiring situation is like. You'd probably have to run power to them on your own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Forester 2.5X Limited with the proverbial "passenger seat height" syndrome!

Query: Is it possible to simply swap out my right front passenger seat for one from a 2012 or 2013 Forester (both of which retained the Platinum Grey perforated leather), in order to gain an adjustable height seat?

If so, where is the height adjustment - on the base or part of the seat, itself?

Searched all 37 pages of this thread, and couldn't find that answer...

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
35,233 Posts
@oldwoman I'm going say it won't be a "plug & play" installation & would require some fabrication, especially to fit the rear seats. :icon_eek:

What reason did they give you for not being able to install those seats. :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for that 😊

I was told it wouldn't be possible because "airbags"...

That's it 🤣

I'm just looking at replacing front drivers seat because otherwise I have to sell the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Subaru said they were not compatible because they wouldnt plug and play. The mechanic said they wouldnt have the side air bags. Both said they wouldnt be held responsible for the reduced safety and that my insurance company would not honour any claim if it was found that the seat had been substituted.

I learned how to drive in a car which was pre seat belts.......

I'm thinking its probably not worth the cost or bother. Thanks anyway 😙

·
Super Moderator
35,233 Posts
I suspected that was the issue. Members have installed seats without side air bags... there's a workaround for the SRS system. There are also some seats that do come with side airbags, both sets of STi seats we installed in our Foresters have side airbags & required no SRS workaround.

There's also the issue with the passenger seat weight sensor, but there's a workaround for that.

Unless you're doing the work yourself, shops are not going do modifications for you that will remove or alter manufacture installed safety devices.

You can view my STi seat installation write up, starting here in my Member Journal: My Birthday present - '05 STi seats! - Part 1 There are links at the bottom of each post to the related write ups. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Honestly slightly surprised this thread isn't completely dead.

Anyone know if 02 impreza seat rails would fit on my 2006 Forester X seats? Don't wanna drive 4 hours round trip to find out they dont.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Test drove a 2018 Premium Forester today. Loved everything except the seats :-(. Has anyone heard if the 2019s will have updated (more comfortable) seats. Was ready to buy but the seats are a deal breaker.

·
Registered
69 Posts
GR/GRB STI Recaros in SG

So do we have a consensus yet on the best way to swap in GR/GVB seats into the SG?

From what I have learned there are a few possible ways:

1. Swap on SG bases/rails, some modification to brackets and trim (Nasioc has GD write-up too). Hoping to keep the seat trim and bases intact, so I am trying to avoid this.

2. Modify bases to fit a Planted seat bracket (apparently this sits really low though?)

3. Drill a new mounting point into the chassis? I have seen this recommendation, but no elaboration on it. This would be ideal if I could keep the Recaro bases together!

For reference, I have the optional Recaro's from the Spec C/R205. I know some of you have installed these, so any direct knowledge would be appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
SG Rear seats in an SF?

I see people have modified rear seats to fit into the SF but i was hoping someone had a write up or experience for the regulr seats from an SG.

·
Registered
99 Posts
last night i installed some JDM Version 9 Spec C seats into my SG FXT. they bolt right up no problem.

Is there a way to swap my 04 FXT drivers side base to my Impreza seat? The bottom areas seem different between the two seats. searched, couldn't find the answers I needed.

Black perforated Alcantara centers with tight ribbed accent pieces.

541 - 560 of 585 Posts
About this Discussion
584 Replies
276 Participants
shizuku
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing