Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was eating lunch today and saw some info that the UK was getting hit pretty hard by snow.

I thought I'd see some threads in here talking about how well their foresters handled it all.

Maybe it's just the us media making up some stores!!

dm

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
I was eating lunch today and saw some info that the UK was getting hit pretty hard by snow.

I thought I'd see some threads in here talking about how well their foresters handled it all.

Maybe it's just the us media making up some stores!!

dm
Look a bit closer - you'll find plenty here about how good our Fozzies are in this lovely snow! :woohoo:

Clue: The thread's called "Snow" ...

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn Auto
142 Posts
I'm in Exeter in the UK, got some Grabber AT/2 for the purpose, they have the severe winter snowflake icon in the 205/75/15 size too (will keep them on all year round). So amazed with them so far. Went to Dartmoor to find some un-gritted roads and it handled the compacted snow and loose stuff superbly, up and down hill. You can actually stop really quite quickly with these tyres! Floored it in 1st and they didn't even spin! (only have the n/a 2.0ltr though) Had the oem duelers on before and they were alarmingly slidy, even just on wet roads roads.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My fault guys, maybe I'm a UK newb!!

Images look great have fun and be safe guys and gals.

dm

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
more than likely the only reason the rest of the world is getting news of snow in england is because a few snow flakes fell on the ground south of watford gap! The rest of us have been putting up with it for weeks.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I agree entirely. It could be 3 'kin feet deep in the 'kin north and not a 'kin word mentioned on the 'kin news. As soon as 'kin London gets a few light 'kin wafts of the 'kin stuff its headline 'kin news. 'kin pi55es me off.

·
New Member Greeter
2011 Octavia vRS DSG
2,399 Posts
Might you not be too happy with the North South divide in reporting? :biggrin:

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
710 Posts
Unfortunately, I think that a lot of the overseas coverage is probably taking the pi$$ out of the fact that pretty much the whole nation has ground to a halt because of a couple of inches of snow :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Unfortunately, I think that a lot of the overseas coverage is probably taking the pi$$ out of the fact that pretty much the whole nation has ground to a halt because of a couple of inches of snow :icon_rolleyes:
Normally I would agree with you, but we have a foot of snow here and only the main roads have been ploughed and gritted. It's a mile from my house to a main road through housing estates and it is pretty treacherous. It's impossible to walk on the pavements, and the roads are lethal unless you have spiked boots.

My daughter's boyfriend can't get here in his Renault Megane Sport, it even gets stuck going downhill! Even having a Forester is stressful because you get stuck behind some twonk doing 5mph or BMWs and Mercs frantically spinning their wheels.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
I'v seen this on the skynews channel on tv. I wondered if it really was so bad as they say it is or if all drive with summer tires.... :biggrin:

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
I personally think the main reason the nation is foofed because of a few drops of snow is that we are completely unprepared both as a nation and individualy.

I also think some people turn into mr/mrs pathetic once snow hits the ground. I've been been over to buxton today and the company i visited 75% of the staff werent in because of "snow" and the best part of that is that they live in Buxton! I think the company owner will be asking some serious questions when one of his contractors can travel over the moors on roads deemed unsafe and closed by the local police when someone who lives within walking distance cant. and I was in the Smart not the Forester as thats been in for an MOT.

Also there are a lot of folk out there who think that safety on the roads during a bad spell is the responsibility of anyone other than them! The "the roads havent been gritted" brigade.

It also doesnt help that we've got that mentality of "Sue your arse" if things go wrong. I was listening to the news last night and they said if you clear the pavement outside your house or a neighbours path and then someone falls on this cleared path your liable! really!? We also have the health and safety brigade, there was a parent on the news at dinner stating that she thought it was a good idea that the school was closed as her children might get hurt, while in the background her kids were hurtling down a hill on a sledge! Go figure.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
This country is proper screwed ........we have gone from pretty much ruling the world to not be allowed to sweep the pavement outside our own doorstep , having to invite burglars in to steal our belongings whilst we put the kettle on for them for fear of being sued and slung in prison , children are controlling parents , teachers are getting stabbed at school , the old are being ignored , nutty clerics are marching down our streets , the economy is f..ked , Elvis is bloody dead etc etc etc etc the list goes on and on ...... and to make it worse i've just watched the battle of Britain on the tv.......if those guys that died in their Spitfires could see this country that they saved they would wonder what the hell they saved it for , good grief ...good GRIEF !

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
This country is proper screwed ........we have gone from pretty much ruling the world to not be allowed to sweep the pavement outside our own doorstep , having to invite burglars in to steal our belongings whilst we put the kettle on for them for fear of being sued and slung in prison , children are controlling parents , teachers are getting stabbed at school , the old are being ignored , nutty clerics are marching down our streets , the economy is f..ked , Elvis is bloody dead etc etc etc etc the list goes on and on ...... and to make it worse i've just watched the battle of Britain on the tv.......if those guys that died in their Spitfires could see this country that they saved they would wonder what the hell they saved it for , good grief ...good GRIEF !
+1 to all of that.

Fancy standing for Prime Minister?

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts
Ooh, that's nasty. forester200 sounds like a nice person, I'm sure he doesn't want to be turned (into a politician). That said, I want the job of Home Secretary. It's not that I've got any sort of agenda, but :-:mob:

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
+1 to all of that.

lol .....can you imagine trying to do that job ? forgot about the banks and the fact that we are having to pay for their mistakes while they still rake it in etc etc :woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
+2.

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
It's true. We've gone from being a nation that used to say "mustnt grumble, could be worse. Lets put the kettle on." To a nation of whinging biatches, looking to blame somebody/anybody for everything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts