Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5XT Sportshift
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've bought a set of HEL performance brake lines from their UK web site but it won't fit my SG9 forester - the front lines are mounted to the strut by bolt but the kit came with shim mounts. Shot an email to them and they said the UK forester has a different mounting and their kit was intended for UK Foresters. On opposedforces.com it's listed with the same part number as SG9s though. Could any SG Forester S Turbo 2002+ owner confirm this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Brian

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
I do not believe there is such a thing a a SG S Turbo. That model was the SF.

The SG turbo models are XT/XTE/XTEn as far as I am aware. Not sure if this differs in other countries though.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5XT Sportshift
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought too. As they claimed it's a SG Forester 2.0 Turbo I would assume it's a SG5 2.0XT, which has the same brake lines as the SG9 2.5XT. However I don't buy his saying of SG Foresters in the UK have different brake lines at all - I guess they're just trying to talk me into buying another set of lines, or their catalog went stupidly wrong. Thanks for your info bro!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,945 Posts
That's what I thought too. As they claimed it's a SG Forester 2.0 Turbo I would assume it's a SG5 2.0XT, which has the same brake lines as the SG9 2.5XT. However I don't buy his saying of SG Foresters in the UK have different brake lines at all - I guess they're just trying to talk me into buying another set of lines, or their catalog went stupidly wrong. Thanks for your info bro!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
As has been said they don't.

2002 was the changeover period, runout for last of SF's (MY02 - shim clip) and start of the SG5's(MY03 - front bolt/rear clip)

Would have thought their Singapore or Australian outlets would have been a better prospect.....................

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,999 Posts
Im not an SG owner but I used Impreza ones and they fit a treat .....bit long but np.......they go straight from the copper pipe to caliper via the strut (no joins) just a wee clip to keep them in place. good luck though as i'm sure youll get them to fit with a wee bit of modding :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts