Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes Yes bredren

me fozzy done 117,564 miles now innit. me cambelt wuz changed at 60,000 but it ain't bin done since den. When should I do it nxt?

me sorry fu postin new topic on dis one but me can't find nuttin when i search, just stuff bout what one to buy, can't find no details on mileage for 2nd time around...

nuf respec an ting

Mikey, aye!

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
:biggrin:

Cambelt listed as 60K or 4yrs, so 120K or 8yrs

Would appear to be due. :icon_biggrin:

Probably best to do the complete kit (pulley's and tensioner) and the water pump as well whilst its all accessible.

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, as expected, thanks Don ;)

That's only about another 300 quid on top of standard 120k service then!

Anyone know if there is a 'complete' kit that includes belts, tensioner and pulleys as a single purchase item? Water pump failure is thing I do not want (again). My Nissan CA18ET failed here and it made an almightily nasty noise :))

Mike

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes yes Marky Bwoy!

I'm wondering (sorry to sound so ingnorant) if that part you link to is in fact for JDM SF5. And if so, if there is any difference in spec between that and the UK EJ20?

I.E. is this UK or JDM specific? or both..?

Nice wan

Mike

EDIT: Spoke with Mark at import car parts and it is for both UK and JDM. Nice.

cheers

mike

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
There must have been a change in replacement since 1998 then as the T/tb is a 45k mile change interval for the belts.

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
1999 (UKDM) S-Turbo (LT) 4EAT
217 Posts
There must have been a change in replacement since 1998 then as the T/tb is a 45k mile change interval for the belts.

Cheers

Brian
Don't know regarding JDM but according to my dealer, there was a change for UK models SF5 at MY00> going to 60K interval from the >MY99 45k interval. My MY99 is 45k.

I can't think why it should make a difference, it's just a belt on the same pulleys isn't it?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Don't know regarding JDM but according to my dealer, there was a change for UK models SF5 at MY00> going to 60K interval from the >MY99 45k interval. My MY99 is 45k.

I can't think why it should make a difference, it's just a belt on the same pulleys isn't it?
Mateybass correct

Subaru UK (or whoever sets the service schedules) changed the cambelt service period for 2000> to 60,000miles.
They then changed it again to 50,000miles for the introduction of the SG and 10,000/12 month servicing schedule.

·
Registered
214 Posts
with the later cars we fit an uprated belt and suggest 50K for all.........only change was the belt spec and it was mainly to do with keeping the fleet market happy!!), same as we would suggest 5K oil services if used as intended!!

we do a high quality SKF kit that includes everything for the later style car (approx 99>) and genuine Gates belt for £195inc./delivered

alyn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts