Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UK car market fell by 6.8% in 2018 compared to 2017. Most brands fell, but Subaru grew by over 17%, a rate exceeded only by Abarth, MG and Mitsubishi. The first two are relatively minor players, and I suspect Mitsubishi will suffer since the UK government cut grants for hybrid car purchases - the Outlander hybrid has been a strong seller.

Subaru still only sold a total of 3,141 vehicles though. Many US dealers sell more than that every month.

Meanwhile we in the UK can enjoy our relatively exclusive cars!

·
Registered
2005 Forester STI Manual
140 Posts
Interesting figures - any idea why the Subaru brand might have enjoyed such a surge in popularity?

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Just seen my first ever Subaru TV advert!

It was for an XV, which I tried out last year. Nice car but ridiculously small boot.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,752 Posts
^^ I saw the ad the other night. There seems to be a very short 10 second version with the father and son chatting in an XV parked on the drive way - You don't even see the outside of it or anything.
There longer version shows the father and son walking out to the XV....... Car still isn't moving in the ad - I'm guessing the marketing guys at Subaru really don't want to sell any !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts