Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the rear anti-roll / sway bar fitted yesterday.

All UK part numbers were exactly the same as Peaty's thread at:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2937

On my dealers parts computer, they were logged under "05 MY Impreza WRX STi Type UK"

The parts cost me £106.57 / ($189US) inc tax
Fitting cost me £58/($103US) including tax. Took them an hour, (so they said).

It's a bit soon to fully appreciate any improvements but it does feel more responsive, using the throttle to control the attitude of the car, when you power through bends/roundabouts. Nice!!! :cool:

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Nice - did you get any other bits put on droplinks / endlinks ? which dealer if you don't mind me asking ?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pete,

I did check out the endlinks & all the threads about flipped bars / bent endlinks & fractured end link mountings. Most, but not all, seemed to be with the larger diameter & adjustable bars. I understand that the most likely cause of the bar flipping is when the car goes over hump backed bridges or speed humps - the suspension unloads & the bar flips. So, fingers crossed that the 20mm STi bar & my chicken livered driving style will protect the endlinks from damage. Anyway, there are now so many cars in our part of England that no one can go more than 25mph :p

Ian

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Lol - too right there - sometimes think I might as well gone for a volvo estate for the amount of times I get to use any of the performance :)

Glad you got it done though so I can see how your endlinks hold up ;)

Let us know how it goes though and if it makes a lot of difference..

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue Devil - Thanks for the comments.

Pete, (Bartop), I forgot to answer all of your questions - the dealer was Sparshatts of Botley. (A five minute ride for me).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts