Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester AW Manual with low ratio
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In anticipation of the first winter snow tomorrow, how about a thread to post up pics this winter? Guess @highland forry may be first?
Until the snow arrives, heres my local inshore waters forecast for today into tomorrow morning. Hopefully pics tomorrow of a stormy maybe
Font Number Screenshot Parallel Magenta
snowy beach

·
Registered
MY04 FSti MT6
820 Posts
Just been looking at the precipitation map and there's snow falling close to where @highland forry is based at the mo. We're unlikely to get anything much in the way of snow :cry: but are promised gusts of up to 78mph tonight, should be interesting.

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
2,099 Posts
Aye its been snowing on and off all day but it hasn't layed unfortunately. That's my famous last words as it'll be 2 foot when I wake up tomorrow 🤞

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
721 Posts
I have a half-built extension so I'm hoping we'll miss the worst of it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that didnt go as planned- loads of sleet and so windy all night. Instead of forester in the snow, its a forester full of fencing repairs this morning!
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
2,099 Posts
Perish the thought of putting all that crud in the FSTi. I'd rather stick a tow bar on her and drag a trailer. It'd have to be a detachable swan neck though.

On another note though, I have to nip to Aviemore to pick the good lady up so let the fun begin :devilish:

Reactions: Lockheed

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,811 Posts
Perish the thought of putting all that crud in the FSTi. I'd rather stick a tow bar on her and drag a trailer. It'd have to be a detachable swan neck though.

On another note though, I have to nip to Aviemore to pick the good lady up so let the fun begin :devilish:
About 50 mile round trip then, i just looked on the map and Inverness is really up north 🥶

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
2,099 Posts
@Lockheed 100mile round trip from where I am bud

·
Registered
MY04 FSti MT6
820 Posts
Hope you had fun, no snow down here at road level, just lots of of fallen trees and no power :(
BTW, I've used my FSTi as a working vehicle for over 5 years - probably done 150 firework shows with it :rolleyes: Shortly to be relieved of such duties when the Cross Sport arrives, assuming the DVLA can be arsed to register it!

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,247 Posts
Something like this lets you put all the crud you like in the back and keeps the interior underneath looking untouched still

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Couldnt get the car to the normal beach park spot today- flooded coast road, but plenty of “ crud “ in the back this afternoon with wet sea-foam covered sandy dog, coats etc after a bit of a walk backwards into the wind. Nothing a few towels on top of carpet on top of rubber liner cant handle, and maybe a vacuum in a day or two!

second pic : a caravan that jumped the fence into the field.
Not like “summer bay” right now
Water Dog Beach Carnivore Coastal and oceanic landforms

Sky Plant Plant community Natural landscape Land lot

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Saw this this morning - Stobart wagon hit by low flying branch, thankfully the driver was OK.
@blastertrev would have given you a “ like” but only for the second bit of what you said! Bloody good pic.
Masses of trees down, trampolines wrapped around trees and roof tiles off here as well, hope its the first and last this winter ( its still officially Autumn!) but somehow doubt it. Take care all.

·
Administrator
18,738 Posts
We've had similar issues down here as the result of a "rain bomb" for the last couple of weeks; cars washed away or crushed by falling trees, people killed, homes lost :cry:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts