Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Been rained off at work today so I have been looking for a workshop/repair manual that covers my 1999 Forester....
So far I've found Australian and USA ones but nothing for the UK market....:icon_frown:
Would rather have a good old fashioned paper one than the CD-ROM's that seem to be available on ebay
Ummmmm..............any suggestions or help please??
Best helpful response gets a virtual pint:Banane35:
Ta
Jules

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I've got the CD-ROM for mine. Seen one somewhere for a Legacy which says it's also covers the forester. Think it's a Chiltern or something instead of Haynes.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,596 Posts
Amazon do one it's a tenner, Haynes manual.

You can't buy them in person at Halfords etc, on line @ Amazon.

Good Luck

AM

·
Registered
99 Forester
89 Posts
Jules,

I have got a downloaded manual - seems pretty good - if you want a copy on disc can do. It is 190 Mb

I'll try an email. If not we will have to meet up somewhere.

Jon

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all....my wallet is behind the virtual bar!!
Had seen the rusky site with the 2001on manuals when I searched the forum earlier and it looks like it may be as good as it gets.
Checked out the reviews on amazon and was left slightly less than impressed ( assuming amazon hasn't led me astray ) but there's a pint on the net somewhere just for you Alan Mac....
Will play with downloads later unless Jon's idea comes to fruition ( will reply in a minute Jon...Ta )

If anyone is on here right now.....be a fine fellow and look up the torque ratings for the rear diff drain and level plugs.....pigs to undo but might be the first time they have been out rather than mighty torque....( will check back in ten mins or so )
Thanks again all.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Panic over...found it....35ft/lb....feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Don, meant to type 36....honest.....went for 44ft/lb as I didn't replace the ally washers. Damn, I'm a bad rebel at heart.:rock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts