Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got to installing the Perrin 25mm STi sway bar on the front end of my 2010 2.5X

And here is where the problems begin...

I had to remove the exhaust shielding to gain access to one of the "C"-brackets on the passenger side. Then I reassembled everything together and it was VERY tight.

Now the car has started rumbling very loud under load and at startup. I think that the exhaust is vibrating on the sway bar. What do you think are the best options for stopping this.

Here are my opinions. I am going to remove the exhaust shielding and wrap the exhaust, and likely the part of the sway bar that vibrates. Also I have never done this, but how to I beat the exhaust into submission and make a dent so the say bar does not hit the exhaust or the top shielding any more.

Anybody else had this problem with their N/A Foz and the Perrin Sway Bars?

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
I had the same problem when I fitted a skid plate on my car, the skid plate was touching the oil pan and heat shields at two places. It made the same noise you had.

Are you sure you got the right part that should fit? I would jack the car up and start it, try to find exactly where it is touching and go from there.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
If you are going to wrap it, you may want to consider an exhaust paint prior to placing the wrap on to prevent premature corrosion and if you get it wet driving through water, try to let the car run long enough to dry off the exhaust afterward, good luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts