Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a 02 forester and I did put uel headers on and I decided to put heat wrap and about a month later the wrap started to heat up at high rpms obviously and it’s smells like it’s started to burn and it has. So idk if I put the wrap on wrong or if there’s a better solution to keep heat in and not burn the steering rack bellow?
Thank you.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,851 Posts
@2.5 subie here's a couple links to posts in our '03 X Member Journal. It's not for headers, but it shows what we used. :wink:

AVO Turbo Kit - Part 8a - Turbo/up-pipe wrapped
AVO Turbo Kit - Part 8b - Downpipe/CAT is wrapped!

I would not recommend wrapping any non-stainless steel exhaust, as the wrap will trap moisture... like salty winter road salt, which will cause the exhaust pipes to rust! :icon_eek:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it was a month and it’s been over a week that I’ve been driving with this issue and it still hasn’t gone away like to said your had. They are stainless steel as well but won’t not having a sort of way to keep heat it burn or melt the boot for the axle which sits above the driver side of the uel headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts