1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interesting and suprising read.
Indeed.
e.g. The sessanta is reported as making the car nervous and difficult to control once skidding (wet skid test) whereas public rates the feedback at 83%.
The test specifically mentions that on the wet with the Vredestein, the Golf goes from understeer to sudden oversteer.
Seems like the Hankook is good value for money then.

·
Registered
2006 Forester sti
336 Posts
Yep i would say the Hankook is good value for money.
I be looking at those when i'm due a set.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You read it here first :icon_wink:
Lol.
So how do you rate the Ventus V12 EVO after thousands of miles on them? Are they good on the wet and give predictable handling?
I have a pair of K107 S1 EVO in the 205 and I have been really happy with them, being wet or dry.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
Yep i would say the Hankook is good value for money.
I be looking at those when i'm due a set.
The Kooks also took high placement in the US auto rag Car and Driver testing of affordable summer tires:

Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

I should be ready for new summer shoes *next* year. By that time, it'll be the third season since the V12 have come out. Hopefully, that means that their price will have dropped even further. :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Don't forget these were tested on a FWD golf, not 4wd Subaru... so don't treat the opinions as gospel. F/R/4wd and vehicle mass have significant impact on the 'feel'.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
^ +1. Agreed - different vehicles will take to different tires, differently.

Similarly, sizing as well as how one chooses to inflate the tires can also well impact both quantitative performance and subjective feel.

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Don't forget these were tested on a FWD golf, not 4wd Subaru... so don't treat the opinions as gospel. F/R/4wd and vehicle mass have significant impact on the 'feel'.
The geometry, particularly camber and the dynamic behaviour in cornering also has different effects on different tyre designs and sizes. I recall I swore by the old Goodyear NCT (the one with a sort of wavy tread) on an Audi Quattro back in about 1985. A friend got some for his Lotus and hated every aspect of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts