Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
MY10 X
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

What would you guys suggest is the optimal tyre pressure for on road driving of a MY10 forester X with stock tyres and rims?

The placard on the car seem way too soft and spongey.

Cheers,
Brett

·
Registered
2008 Forester
65 Posts
Stock Yoko running on 32PSI all around for a while (was basing it on the sticky thing on the driver door area) then 36PSI on the rear when I tow.

Then I had to run 36PSI all around because its uneven wear on my tyres I was told..

Maybe check out the sticky on your driver side door see what is the max when towing (even when you dont) and pump it up to that amount?

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
I usually run 36/34 F/R & bump rear up to 36 with the camper trailer which only has a towball download of about 50kg. If I'm doing extended dirt I drop to 30 all round.

·
Registered
MY10 X
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems that 36/34 seems to be the consensus.

Has anyone noticed any significant fuel comsumption changes by increasing/decreasing the tyre pressure?

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
PSI - come on, we have been metric for 30 years!
kPa!!
What about the size of wheels? And I haven't seen a tyre pressure gauge yet that doesn't have PSI on it. Even the sticker on the car gives it in both forms.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
10 Posts
the sticker on the my10 foz on the car is in kPa, thats why i reffered to it
I have 210 kpa all around, although nothing wrong with bumping it up to 220 kpa. I have done that before, no problems - u get a firmer ride. Although, I wonder how it goes especially with the very hot dry summers we have over here in Western Australia.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Manual
10 Posts
Maybe a dumb question but is this 34/36 range based on a warm tyre or is there no diff between hot and cold when checking the pressure?

·
Administrator
15,408 Posts
Check when cold. The pressure should increase by 4 psi when warm; if less then the cold pressure is too high; if more then the cold pressure is too low.

·
Registered
My10 Forester Diesel
245 Posts
Yep Metrics are brilliant & logical but some things just get processed in the brain as imperial.

34 all round.

·
Registered
13 Liberty GT wagon AT
436 Posts
Psi's

I just think my brain copes with remembering a smaller number easier- I run 34 on my 17" XT Adrenalins, little firm but seems best compromise.

·
Registered
08 X
209 Posts
Depends on the tyre type and loading.

36 for the Dueller 693 LTs; bumped up when loaded/towing the CT. Dropped by about a third for outback gibber and corrugated roads.

40 was recommended for the Dueller 697 LTs. Similar adjustments made for non-standard conditions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts