Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need exploded views, electrical diagrams, parts numbers.. +++
I wonder where to get this?
Preferably on CD/pdf. I see plenty on ebay, but how good are these?
I want it as detailed as possible :D

I have tried techinfo.subaru.com but it freaked out on my non-US VIN.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
I have purchased some of these on Ebay and a publisher in Massachusetts for different vehicles. I do have one for a 99-02 and 03-04 Forester. The ones I have are for US spec. They do not cover RH drive nor the 2.0 Turbo. But if the rest is the same or similiar, they are an inexpensive investment, usually less than $15 us, AND MUCH better than any Hayes or Chiltons. Most sections are the SAME as the hardcopy I purchased from automakers or their publishers for hundreds of dollars more. (all 7 books for the us spec Forester cost me $279). You just have to get used to Acrobat .pdf files. I can't make notes in the page margins, but to the good, I can printout a section and take it to the garage and after I do a repair, I don't care how dirty or ripped the pages are, I can throw them away and print another set. ALSO Searching the entire book for a phrase, repair or engine code is great. Acrobat takes you right to that section.
I have dealt in local car repair for over 30 yrs. Sometimes all I could get was a Hayes or Chiltons here in the US especially for Volkswagen, Volvo and Saabs in the 70's. But the car specific CD's I purchased in the past 4-5 years are far better than those.
End my my opinion and $.02

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Ferret, very good info for 0.02$ !
We have Left hand drive here, so if i get CDs for Impreza GT (my99-my00) it should cover the turbo things?

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
If cheap enough, I night purchase both. The Forester for the body, brakes etc, and the Impreza GT or WRX for the 2.0L Turbo engine.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
The CD should be available in Norway. It is what schools and mechanics use. The ones on E-Bay are usually pirate versions of those.

IMO, Subaru should give you one of these when you buy the car!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
..browsing ebay right now :) jepp, I know they most likely are pirate versions, I will check what Subaru Norge can offer, but ebay might be only way.. Yes, agree 100%, manuals and diagrams should be included with the spare wheel.. ..just as important !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive been working as electronics/computer repair man all my life.
Sometimes I do repair on industrial beasts like big washing machines or CNC machines for wood.
One shure way to get me grumpy is to give me docs that _mybe_ is acurate. Its quite time consuming.

Same goes for my car.
When/if I sell it, a changelog and all documentation I have will folow it as it should!

And I dont like to feed pirates, but this seems like my only option right now.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Wrong Thread post...Sorry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts