Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going to install only two additional gauges to a Foz, what would they be?

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,928 Posts
ScanGuage - it can do everything except oil pressure. Displays four items at a time, plus it reads trouble codes. Items are...
# Fuel Consumption Rate
# Vehicle speed
# Fuel Economy
# Cost Per Mile/Cost Per Trip
# Manifold Pressure
# Battery Voltage
# Engine Load
# Coolant Temperature
# Throttle Position
# Intake Air Temperature
# Ignition Timing
# Engine Speed (RPM)
# O2 Sensor Data
# Fuel Trim
Amazon.com: ScanGauge II 3-in-1 Compact Multifunction Vehicle Computer with Customizable Display: Automotive

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
If I was to run 2 gauges it would be:
Boost
Oil temp

I want to know that my turbo is working right, and I want to know my car is at proper operating temp before getting on it and putting the boost gauge to use.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,579 Posts
If you were going to install only two additional gauges to a Foz, what would they be?
Hmmm... I agree the ScanGauge II has lots of features & as a gauge, I use it to monitor the intake air temp, coolant temp (much more accurate then the factory analog gauge), speed (easier to read then the analog speedometer) & battery volts so I know what the electrical system is doing.

As to 2 gauges, I'd have to pick boost & oil pressure as my choice. I like lots of gauges, so I'm running the previous 2, plus fuel pressure & oil temp.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
I only have two gauges in my WRX. Boost and wideband. If I added a third, it would be a knock light.

I want to know that my motor is in a good general state of tune, and that I'm not doing anything that it going to cause it to blow.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good advice all, thanks. I'm torn between a simple gauge cluster of Scangauge in the small eyeglass location. I really want to keep the interior stock look as much as possible.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
Good advice all, thanks. I'm torn between a simple gauge cluster of Scangauge in the small eyeglass location. I really want to keep the interior stock look as much as possible.
I went with a stock looking 45mm Omori boost gauge on the column, and if I add a 2nd/3rd gauge they will go in the ashtray location. Oil temp and voltage would be the two I will add.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Mine would be,

Boost in psi.
Oil pressure in psi.

joe r

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
why exactly are you only looking at 2 gauges and where are you going to put them?

My 2 must gauges are boost and EGT.

I wanted to keep my interior stock looking so I installed Oil Pressure and Oil temp where the ashtray is.

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts

·
Registered
08 Audi RS4 6 speed man
156 Posts
i run boost and EGT. egt's tell you a lot

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Two gauges because there seem to be a number of fairly "off the self" solutions for two gauges around the steering column or original gauge cluster bezel.
Really leaning toward the scan gauge though.

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Two gauges because there seem to be a number of fairly "off the self" solutions for two gauges around the steering column or original gauge cluster bezel.
Really leaning toward the scan gauge though.
I see. I agree too. I have my EGT and boost (45mm Omori) in individual pods on the steering column. I think A-pillar pods are too rice.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, A pillar was never in play. I really like the hidden scangauge in the small eyeglass compartment. I just am not sure how easy it is to monitor while driving...

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
Tre36 has a Scangauge 2 mounted to the top of the steering wheel column. You don't really see it unless he points it out and he can monitor things right there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts