Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'18XT and 19 XV
Each has its place XT is the wife's car and sits a bit higher and a bit more comfortable. The XV gets better mileage 30+ and is certainly fine for trips. Both have the same amount of ground clearance 8.7" like all subarus.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well having the XT IO wouldn't even consider the XV-T. I like the gas mileage.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,665 Posts
Our "twins" are more like big brother and little sister. In our case the wife drives the Sunshine Orange 2019 Crosstrek and I the boring Ice Silver 2018 Foz:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after 2500 miles I must say I love the XV If I had go chose between the XV and the XT it would be the XV. Don't have the option as the XT is my wife's. She would never part with it..and she is 73..LOL

The XT is more comfortable on trips and of course the Power is nice but the XV is soooooo nimble. Subaru got it totally right. Most would say it needs more power but on back roads power is ample if you use the paddles. It gets 35 on a trip and 29-31 around town.

Not one problem on the XV.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
adc

Very nice Subaru family!

Is there any issue regarding room coming from the XT and tghen driving the XV?

I haven't driven an XV but have driven Imprezas on the new platform and I was very impressed with the handing and refinement.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
adc

Very nice Subaru family!

Is there any issue regarding room coming from the XT and tghen driving the XV?

I haven't driven an XV but have driven Imprezas on the new platform and I was very impressed with the handing and refinement.
The trunk area of the XV is more than fine. You don't sit up quite as high on the XV. The driver sear raises so that now is fine. The XT is just flat out a better road car. I find it strange that some say the XT is not comfortable on the highway. Its steady as a rock and with the heave sway bar it handles like a dream. To each his own. I guess you would just have to drive an XV. But I caution on doing that....I wasn't going to buy but after a 20 minute ride I was hooked.

Of course the XV is now the equal of the forester. But I bet if you pushed it (which I won't) I bet is handles better than the XT.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,772 Posts
The XV would handle better because of lower center of gravity, but if you drop the Forester and tighten the suspension? I know plenty of people that sing its praises.

Having said that, a XV-T would be an ideal vehicle for my wife.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well now 6 months and 8K miles on the XV. I love this vehicle to death. I suppose on a very long trip I would take the XT. But this vehicle is so easy to love. Nimble handling. I can not wait to try it in a significant snow. It has the same ground clearance as the XT.

The chief complaint is lack of power. I can absolutely say that this is a myth. After it had a couple hundred miles it was introduced to the redline. A couple times a week I keep my foot on the floor and let it shift a couple times at the redline. Its amazing how nice it sounds. I had the wife in it (remember she has the '18XT..) she said "I didn't know this (Crosstrek) had a turbo" .

If you are ever looking at another subaru, take a look at the XV. Also the FB 20 is merely a bored out FB25 so the bottom end should be pretty sturdy. Probably identical to the FB25. Overall it gets 31MPG for me. 36 mpg on a trip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts