Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Are the Subaru tweeters a worthy expenditure? I have seen a set on Fleabay for $30 plus $20 postage. Are they worth it?

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Put mine in last Thursday and am very happy. I put in front speakers at the same time, so it is a little tough to tell how each is contributing to the overall sound quality. It's nice to have some high end close to ear level to clean up the sound, which I thought was pretty muddy from the stock speakers. A nice, cheap, easy improvement. STKazmi83 seems to like his too...

I just installed my tweeters yesterday. Thanks Bigjay for the walk-thru. They sound amazing and the difference in the sound quality now as oppose to before is the difference between night and day... These made a huge impact, thanks for the advice everyone; totally worth it.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put mine in last Thursday and am very happy. I put in front speakers at the same time, so it is a little tough to tell how each is contributing to the overall sound quality. It's nice to have some high end close to ear level to clean up the sound, which I thought was pretty muddy from the stock speakers. A nice, cheap, easy improvement. STKazmi83 seems to like his too...

Cheers!
Cheers man. Is it easy to do as I have zero experience with sound stuff?

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
i have them and there is a great sound out of them, very clear, you will be happy with them for sure
gav

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Iv'e been wandering about the tweeters in my car, 99 sturbo euro. Are they not there then? I have terrible hearing so cant really tell.

·
Registered
2004 WRX PPP Wagon Manual
153 Posts
Anyone put aftermarket tweeters in their SF5?
If so any recommendations as it don't look like there is a lot of room

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a set of Genesis Audio components (tweeter, separate 6.5" woofer and crossover) and I used sticky backed velcro to first locate the tweeter with the tweeter panel off and door card still on - the tweeter fitted with 1-2mm spare

Unless you are going high end you won't notice much difference between a £20 or £50 tweeter especially if you keeping the original speakers so I would probably buy the Subaru tweeter kit as it is a very simple plug and play.

Hope that helps

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts