Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several ads for the tweeter kit for my 2010 Foz, but I'd like to use an aftermarket driver. Has anyone seen the housing for sale without the tweeter?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can buy them through a dealer for around $12

with or without the speaker itself $12 is reasonable.
Definitely reasonable! My research has shown prices closer to $70 for the kit. Not sure what the difference in price here is. :confused:

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
50 Posts
no wiring
?? there's no wiring in the $70 kit either, the wiring is already in the door pillers as stock?

$25 bucks a pair is definitly a good deal and well worth the price, you'll notice a big difference. They raise the soundfield from your feet to your chest.

Think I saw a post here somewhere about someone finding a set of aftermarket component 6.5's where the tweeter cliped in just as OEM into the pods housing

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
?? there's no wiring in the $70 kit either, the wiring is already in the door pillers as stock?

$25 bucks a pair is definitly a good deal and well worth the price, you'll notice a big difference. They raise the soundfield from your feet to your chest.

Think I saw a post here somewhere about someone finding a set of aftermarket component 6.5's where the tweeter cliped in just as OEM into the pods housing
This is what I remember too. I've ordered them, so we'll see if anything is missing. Then I need to find a way to afford the Pioneer AVIC Z110 BT.

Thanks,
Russell

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought them but the tweeters in my component set did not fit in them. If your component set has standard 1" tweeters you should be good.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought them but the tweeters in my component set did not fit in them. If your component set has standard 1" tweeters you should be good.
Haven't bought a set yet, so when the housing comes in, I should know what to look for. Maybe when it comes in, I'll be able to add pics, so folks can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
my tweeters fit after some trimming and a little hot glue to hold them in place... looks stock from the outside

pics are a little confusing... the first is of the left with just the oem tweeter removed and the second is the right side completed with new tweeter installed

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
I removed the tweeter cover in my 99 Sturbo. the space doesnt look big enogh to fit anything in there. I am assuming the tweeters are very small. Sorry for crappy pic.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the parts in. They look exactly like betsyboy's pic without the speaker in them.

I can only assume when the website says "w/speaker", they mean with the speaker grille. I popped mine out today and the wiring is there. Now to find a driver to fit that spot. Something cheap that will last till I replace everything.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Popped in a pair of $14 tweeters I picked up from ebay (Pyle brand). OMG! :)

HUGE difference in sound. Reset treble from +7 to +3. These tweeters are a bit harsh, but not overly so.

·
Registered
09 XS Premium A/T
95 Posts
in relation to the thread title and the OP, if anyone goes looking for the MY09/10 housing only, part numbers, thought i'd plonk them in here. i saw the numbers somewhere else too, but i can't find them again now :icon_sad:.

RHS - 94251SC020
LHS - 94251SC030

the number on the back of both of the tweeter magnet is 86301CS240. it also has 4ohm 35W max & G08728CB.

the measurements on the oem tweets are
- tweeter magnet from the back is 25mm
- tweeter with its 4.5mm in radius black plastic housing (that then clips into the tweeter housing that clips into the door) is 34mm (measured from the back without taking the tweeter out of the housing that clips into the door).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually trying to source these now. The part numers don't seem to bring up anything. I can only find the whole tweeter kit. Anyone have different part numbers or a source?

Thanks

·
Registered
09 XS Premium A/T
95 Posts
I am actually trying to source these now. The part numers don't seem to bring up anything. I can only find the whole tweeter kit. Anyone have different part numbers or a source?
where did you try when those part numbers "don't seem to bring up anything"? post 2 & 12 not help (i.e. a dealer)? did you try (i.e. email or ring) a Supporting Vendor, specifically Annapolis Subaru or SubaruOnlineParts.com?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
in relation to the thread title and the OP, if anyone goes looking for the MY09/10 housing only, part numbers, thought i'd plonk them in here. i saw the numbers somewhere else too, but i can't find them again now :icon_sad:.

RHS - 94251SC020
LHS - 94251SC030

the number on the back of both of the tweeter magnet is 86301CS240. it also has 4ohm 35W max & G08728CB.

the measurements on the oem tweets are
- tweeter magnet from the back is 25mm
- tweeter with its 4.5mm in radius black plastic housing (that then clips into the tweeter housing that clips into the door) is 34mm (measured from the back without taking the tweeter out of the housing that clips into the door).
I just ordered these from subaru online parts h t t p :// subaruonlineparts.com/catalogs.html

The model #s listed above are actually not accurate, the correct model #s are

94251SC120
94251SC130

·
Registered
2010 Forester
1 Posts
tweeter mounts

I've been looking at the hot-gluing of aftermarket tweeters into the OEM tweeter locations, and I'm having problems. I've got Polk components with a 1" tweeter, but the housing that it's glued in seems to be about 1.5" in diameter. With the housing attached, the tweeter won't fit.

Is there a good way of popping the tweeters out of the housing? Is that what typically done?

·
Registered
09 XS Premium A/T
95 Posts
I just ordered these from subaru online parts h t t p :// subaruonlineparts.com/catalogs.html

The model #s listed above are actually not accurate, the correct model #s are

94251SC120
94251SC130
thanks for the correction. the numbers listed above were from the back of each black part in an MY09.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
4 Posts
I've been looking at the hot-gluing of aftermarket tweeters into the OEM tweeter locations, and I'm having problems. I've got Polk components with a 1" tweeter, but the housing that it's glued in seems to be about 1.5" in diameter. With the housing attached, the tweeter won't fit.

Is there a good way of popping the tweeters out of the housing? Is that what typically done?
I have the same problem with my Hertz 1 inchers too ... definitely won't fit ... and I haven't had time to figger it out ...:shrug:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts