Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 179 Posts

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,820 Posts
This is where I ordered the parts and had them in my hands in 4 business days. The link is for the lower cover, but they also can get the wheel. Call them if you are worried about being put on backorder. Good luck. I'm installing the wheel and lower cover on Friday =) LWR COVER | Genuine Subaru | 34317VA010
No worries man, thank you though. How long ago did you ordered though? I have the steering wheel but I guess this is new news on the lower cover.

·
FOZZ XT
2015 Snail Perf STG 2 FXT HT CVT
1,173 Posts
No worries man, thank you though. How long ago did you ordered though? I have the steering wheel but I guess this is new news on the lower cover.
I can't find my email with the order now(no idea), but it was probably a few weeks ago and I've had the parts for over 2 weeks. Installing the wheel/lower cover in 4 hours :Banane29:

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,820 Posts
Yeah so that was a while back. I just placed order so Im wondering hearing of this backordered across the states is probably true since that is what 3 dealerships told me.

Post pics when installed!

·
FOZZ XT
1,173 Posts
Picture #10 is when you do the switch from old cover to new cover.
Yup, WRX lower cover it is. I did read something after that saying No after pic from the sides showing the gap. I got confused with this from FLASH ENNGINEER "The OE cover will fit but at the bottom spoke, it won't be long enough and there will be a gap about 1" from the plastic piece to the bottom of the wheel". After reading it a couple more times, I think the gap talked about in the front would be in addition to the side gaps. On my way to the dealer and will find out sooooooon hahahaaaa.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT - EyeSight
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
There is a gap but its only visible at certain angles. $600 will fix that gap for you with an air bag

·
FOZZ XT
1,173 Posts
I read about the gap, but am surprised you didn't post any pics of it. I'm going to examine it more this week and see if maybe cutting the lower cover at the bottom might help. I do like that it's not visible from the drivers seat. Thank you again for this great tutorial and pics.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i manual
79 Posts
DJ Brian Bass,

Mind showing me your new steering wheel wheel when it's installed? Love to check it out before I order. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT - EyeSight
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yeah I didn't bother to post pics because it's not visible unless you're looking for it.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT Linertronic CVT
93 Posts
Thanks all for your kindly information sharing.
I have a bit hesitate to choose between WRX steering wheel or STi sterring wheel in my order. As early posts OP prefer STi one, but another people likes WRX.
Can you give a bottom line review of WRX vs STi steering wheel?
Thanks,
Tommy

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,820 Posts
Thanks all for your kindly information sharing.
I have a bit hesitate to choose between WRX steering wheel or STi sterring wheel in my order. As early posts OP prefer STi one, but another people likes WRX.
Can you give a bottom line review of WRX vs STi steering wheel?
Thanks,
Tommy
You should go to the dealership that has both on the lot and test them out. Everyone has their preference. I love the look of perforated leather and imo it feels great in the hands...so its why I chose STi over WRX.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,539 Posts
My damd wheel doesn't let me press the horn at the bottom. I have to press above the emblem. Its because of the airbag and d shape wheel.

41 - 60 of 179 Posts