Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 173 Posts

·
FOZZ XT
1,173 Posts
Not that all wheels may be manufactured the exact same, but curious if the splines for the wheel lined up the same as your FXT wheel? Is your wheel centered the same as it was with the stock wheel? I just had an alignment re-done and it's perfect now. I'd hate to have to go back again if the new wheel is off at all, but I will heheheeeee. I should be doing this next week and have the parts now. Thank you again for all the great info.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I read these threads even if I am not going to do it myself like learning something new like with stepping on the brakes to make sure their is no residual electrical current in the system did not know this. Surprised this is not under the DIY section.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't get the lower cover unless you're swapping airbags, it's not needed
The "lower cover" pn's I posted are actually the rear section cover (as you probably already know.)

What I'd like to do is try and retain my OE rear (lower, as termed by Subaru) cover. I don't have the 3 section info button array like you all do. If I order a new WRX rear cover, that will leave a gaping hole. Not what I want..

So I may just order the Sti wheel and see what I can do to get my OE rear cover to fit. It's certainly worth a shot..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah subaru is weird with all the naming. As long as it's not over $15,then you got the right part...

The OE cover will fit but at the bottom spoke, it won't be long enough and there will be a gap about 1" from the plastic piece to the bottom of the wheel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The OE cover will fit but at the bottom spoke, it won't be long enough and there will be a gap about 1" from the plastic piece to the bottom of the wheel.
Well I guess that answers that question... Damn! Oh well, I'll have to come up with some way to cover the new "gaping side hole" of the WRX rear cover.

Thanks man, great tutorial BTW. :smile:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Now I'm thinking I should have gotten the WRX wheel, I don't really particularly like the perforated part, feels weird and doesn't really feel like leather for some reason, too slippery.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now I'm thinking I should have gotten the WRX wheel, I don't really particularly like the perforated part, feels weird and doesn't really feel like leather for some reason, too slippery.
I noticed that too when playing with the wheels at the dealer. The padding of the perforated area seemed different too, like it was thinner than the leather wrx.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm loving it too! First impression was that the perforated area felt a bit "slippery", but some time behind the wheel and a good leather oil treatment have made me a believer. Bed mod this far.

·
Forester of the Year 2014
2,824 Posts
So I haven't had a chance to install yet because initially Subaru sent me wrong cover. I re-ordered the correct part # and now Subaru is saying it won't be available till mid October! Now I have to wait this long and just stare at my steering wheel until then. lol Dang it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Think too many people ordered this part, I called my dealer and nothing in Canadian warehouse so probably 7-10 days backordered.

Stuff comes right from Japan lol

·
FOZZ XT
1,173 Posts
So I haven't had a chance to install yet because initially Subaru sent me wrong cover. I re-ordered the correct part # and now Subaru is saying it won't be available till mid October! Now I have to wait this long and just stare at my steering wheel until then. lol Dang it.
This is where I ordered the parts and had them in my hands in 4 business days. The link is for the lower cover, but they also can get the wheel. Call them if you are worried about being put on backorder. Good luck. I'm installing the wheel and lower cover on Friday =) LWR COVER | Genuine Subaru | 34317VA010

21 - 40 of 173 Posts