Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
A 02-05 WRX intercooler will not (not correctly anyway) fit a Forester. You CAN get an 02-05 WRX intercooler (and thus I imagine any aftermarket WRX IC) but it is not a direct drop in. I had an OEM 02-05 WRX intercooler on my XT for a little while. Here is the thread about it and the modifications I had to do to get it to work (pics will be up tonight or tomorrow once my server is back online)
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f87/what-will-wrx-intercooler-do-7146/

Looking at TurboXS's website it does not appear that they offer a TMIC for the STi.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Limited
653 Posts
Yes there is a Forester TurboXS TMIC. Look up Andy_PHA's post. My 07 use a TurboXS STI TMIC. Didn't have to do anything with the AC line, and Subtle-Solution Splitter seal close to perfect. You can see them in my member journal.

Is there a TurboXS TMIC that will fit the Forester? It didn't look like there was on the site.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dave, has talked about it several times that the TurboXS TMIC is the same core. The only difference between to two different kits is that the Forester one comes with a longer silicone hose (I guess since we don't have vf turbos). He apparently has installed both the FXT and the STI ones on foresters and he actually prefers the way the STI due to those lengths.
::shrugs::

·
Registered
179 Posts
O I'd like to also note I would NEVER purchase anything Perrin again. Which really sucks, bc they are one of the leading companies for subaru.. however they mistreated me and are mistreading a friend of mine right now.

For me .. I ordered a Shealth TMIC. they sent it to me dented. I had to ship it back.. wait 2 WEEKS! for them to ship another one... only to have that one dented as well. and It wouldn't have been a problem if it weren't for the fact that both times it was due to improper packaging! .... that's my rant .. sorry

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
spearco...buy things one time no matter what the mods are, you will have plenty of headroom should u expand your goals down the road. I kind of want to swap to a spearco and go a little more stealth

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
407 Posts
Dave, has talked about it several times that the TurboXS TMIC is the same core. The only difference between to two different kits is that the Forester one comes with a longer silicone hose (I guess since we don't have vf turbos). He apparently has installed both the FXT and the STI ones on foresters and he actually prefers the way the STI due to those lengths.
::shrugs::

The only difference is the y hose is about 1/2 or so longer on the FXT model.

I thought the STI hose fit better personally.

I also know of a few FXT specific kits on sale dirt cheap somewhere...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts