Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience with the TurboXS intercoolers? I'm talking about the real TurboXS company and not that other no-name on Ebay (Turbo XS Power, I think).
It's too much for the stock turbo, but something I could pick up somewhat reasonably with everything needed (hoses, etc.) for later on.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
More cooling can't be too much for any turbo. You're running a staged AP map which may not be optimal for the added cooling of the larger IC though. FWIW, I ran AP stage 2 with a STi IC with no problems for a long time.

the head said:
Anyone with experience with the TurboXS intercoolers? I'm talking about the real TurboXS company and not that other no-name on Ebay (Turbo XS Power, I think).
It's too much for the stock turbo, but something I could pick up somewhat reasonably with everything needed (hoses, etc.) for later on.

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
There are a lot of options out there that will cost you less than the TXS unit! You can check out Helix, GP Moto to start with. Both can be had for under $600 new! Keep an eye on NASIOC and you can probably pick up a used one for around $400 or less.

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
World One quoted me $599 shipped for a TurboXS. So it's in the same ballpark. I was just wondering what the quality of the unit was like.

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Awesome! I have seen quite a few since the shop (Turbo XS) is 5 minutes from my house.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Roo has a GPMoto TMIC for sale, brand new in the box for $549 plus tax and shipping. Very similar in size and style to the TXS.

T

·
0 Posts
TXS topmount is one of the favorites for its great cooling capabilities, low pressure drop and price.

·
0 Posts
...pm worldone... they quoted me 499 shipped to ohio for the intercooler. 945 shipped for the intercooler and a catless stealthback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts