Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys brand new here, im wanting to turbo my 01 forester S and i was wondering with all the experts out there what would be the best rout to go with?
ive herd about the option of an STI swap but i was wanting "professional" input

Thanks
-Andy

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I'd be alot more practical to do a WRX or STi swap, your current engine is 10:1 compression ratio and isn't really suitable for boost. Search around, this gets asked very often.

Stan

·
Registered
06 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i have but cant find anything...
what years of WRX and STI would be the best for the swap

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I'd be alot more practical to do a WRX or STi swap, your current engine is 10:1 compression ratio and isn't really suitable for boost. Search around, this gets asked very often.

Stan
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

A swap in problem the most effective and cost efficent way to go. You won't be limited to the 6psi that your stock motor can handle with a turbo kit.

Find a wrecked WRX with a good motor and go from there. With a complete car you will have all the little things that are neee for the swap, and you cna sell off the extra parts to recoup some of your cost.

·
Registered
06 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so any year WRX would swap in? and if im not able to get the whole car what wiring stuff would i need to get?

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
No matter what you're still going to have to merge the harness. Unless you have a few grand burning a hole in your pocket, its not going to be easy. Also does your state do emissions testing? Some swaps won't pass inspection.

The easiest and best way would be to just sell it and pickup an XT. Otherwise start reading some build threads such as rob's or angry toaster's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts