Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the extended service contract options at MySubaru because I may eventually want to cover the car although that is a long way off because we are only 1 1/2 years and 6000 miles into the current warranty but I like to think well ahead on things like this.

I was disappointed to see that there was a "Turbo Surcharge" listed and I was wondering if anyone knew how much this was and how else the extended warranty repair costs would be effected if the turbo were responsible for other damage.

I don't generally buy extended warranties but depending upon how things go for the turbo models and this first year redesign in general, I may decide to gamble on losing the money from the warranty if I think it may save me a bundle in the long run.

The decision is a whole lot more difficult and doesn't bode well for the EW considering they are leaving out a key component such as the turbo, not to mention the fact that they will only go to 7 years and 100,000 miles which means I will probably have less than 50,000 miles on the vehicle when the 7 years runs out anyway but I am still curious to know what the surcharge on the turbo happens to be if anyone would be kind enough to share the information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts