Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

As many of you know I had a slight issue with the dealership breaking an intake duck to my turbo during a recall.

Well, I have the FXT back and a nice (the wife was first to point it out) squeal while under harder acceleration. If I rive like a Granny it isn't there. However, if I push it (engage turbo) there is a loud squeal. Sounds like a bad bearing or belt slippage.

I will be at the dealership tomorrow and would like to know what the problem is before I discuss with service manager.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

PS. Do I need to remove the skid plate for this service?

·
Fast & Dirty
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was at the dealership when it opened today.

Apparently, it was a clamp that was not tightened enough. Car is now fully functional.

As I have always said, I good relationship with the service manager is priceless. I did not go in screaming but rather I politely said something was not right with the repair. 15 minutes later car is fixed.

·
Fast & Dirty
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could someone show me where this connection is made on my 09 FXT? Nice HD pic would be nice.

I just got off the phone with the dealerships customer service person. I explained that I was not at all upset with them breaking a part.

My concern was that they took 2 weeks to get the part then could NOT take 2 minutes to test drive the car. Apparently, a senior tech was issued the work order for the replacement.

Everything was going well so why take this short cut now? My FXT was sitting in my garage over the week end waiting for my drive to the dealership.

This is when a dealership would benefit to no end from having customer service training. A negative (broke my car) to a positive (told me the truth) to a negative (could not take time to test drive).

Oh well. I did ask for a Sirius module at cost. I am not expecting a call about that. :)

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Which intake duct was the one that was broken? theres a pipe after the airbox, then a pipe from that one under the intake manifold to the turbo, then the y pipe from the turbo to the IC and then another one from the IC to the throttle body.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts