Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Im in the middle of installing a VF39 on the forester. I have stopped or stalled after attempting to re-align the banjo bolt in the oil feed line. I was getting kind of fustrated and thats when I thought that I may need oil to go into the turbo. Is this true?
And along the same lines.... When everything is all installed and ready to go what is the process to prime the turbo. I know I need to disconnect the fuel pump relay which I assume is just a fuse?
If some one could chime in that would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers
kermit

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
you will definitely want to prime the turbo before starting the car.
disconnect the crank position sensor as well... that will cut spark and allow the engine to pump coolant into the turbo.
after a few seconds of cranking just hook things back up and clear the codes.

There are a few detailed how-to's on NASIOC that might prove helpful. You have to unplug some sensors for things to work out properly though.
simple route might be to pull fuel and ignition fuses then crank

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude...:icon_biggrin:
So there is no need to add oil into the turbo then?!?

you will definitely want to prime the turbo before starting the car.
disconnect the crank position sensor as well... that will cut spark and allow the engine to pump coolant into the turbo.
after a few seconds of cranking just hook things back up and clear the codes.

There are a few detailed how-to's on NASIOC that might prove helpful. You have to unplug some sensors for things to work out properly though.
simple route might be to pull fuel and ignition fuses then crank

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
Yep, really not a big deal. Just disconnect the fuel pump relay (located behind the passenger kick panel, just right and below the glove box, down by the blower). Crank it for 10 seconds and then you are good to go...

If its a brand new turbo and it would make you feel better, you could drip some oil into the oil inlet before you install the banjo. But really not necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts