Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S-Turbo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Can anybody help with a problem on my 2.0 S Turbo.

Within the last 1000 miles I have noticed that at high speed motorway / freeway driving ( 70 mph....honest ! ) if I accelerate hard the engine hesitates and slightly judders. Then the turbo kicks in at arount 3000 revs and I can continue with the overtake manouver. I had the car fully serviced with all plugs and filters and hoped that this would resolve but it came back worse. Now at low speed if you put the accelerator pedal to the floor it hesitates / judders until 3000 revs and then accelerates quite well. Other that this the car runs fine but im concerned that in an emergency and I need the power it wont be there.

Any help would be appreciated but please keep it simple as I am not technically minded.

If it helps some background

2001 Forester S Turbo auto
Standard UK specification no mods
80,000 miles with full service (Not main dealer as nothing local)
Cambelt done 78K

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
This seems a common problem on older S-turbo's, mine does it, sometimes its fine, others its bad. Its not MAF!

I thought it may be plug fouling and am currently running a grade hotter plugs, it may be knock adaptions, either way it clears after a long Mway run!

Simon

·
Registered
1999 S/TB type A
21 Posts
Mine was doing this, real bad right after start up when engine cold, give gas and nothing, just CSL. replaced plugs and knock sensor, problem gone!:icon_razz:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Nope......definatley not that.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Knock sensor or possibly a leak in the breather/pcv system. I was having an issue where my xt would pull hard to 4,000 rpm, then cut out, then at 5,000 rpm it would pull hard again (in between it would just shudder and sound like it was almost bouncing on the rev limiter or misfiring). I did find a cut in the hose between the pcv valve and intake manifold, but this didn't completely fix it. The cars been torn down all summer with a new turbo, injectors, all hoses etc going on, so we'll see if i finally fixed it (if not i'm pushing it off a cliff!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts