2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the following items today:

1. Samco turbo inlet and afterMAF hose
2. Grimmpseed AOS
3. Perrin BOV hose
4. PTP turbo blanket

I'm glad I replaced the stock turbo inlet because the inlet connection to the turbo was not so great. When I did the turbo swap last August I didn't want to over tighten the clamp on the stock inlet for fear of damaging it and as a result, I'm not sure the clamp was tight enough to make a leak-proof seal.

The stock turbo inlet came right out, with the help of a large pair of channel locks and a hacksaw blade.

The biggest surprise was once I had the inlet out, there was a pile of old acorns under the intake manifold. I guess the local chipmunks had been partying there this past winter.

The Samco inlet went in without much of a fuss and lined up perfectly with the turbo and other hoses. I did not have to remove the IM or any other items to squeeze the Samco inlet into place. The afterMAF hose required some trimming to get a perfect fit.

In the photo below, you can just see the PTP turbo blanket, which was easy to get on with the Perrin TMIC and SPT heat shield out of the way. Also, the Grimmspeed AOS was easy to install with the TMIC and heat shield out of the way too. I like how the stock engine cover hides all of the extra hoses and maintains a neat appearance.

The car runs well with no unusual noises are CELs. I'll be getting back on the dyno soon to get my tune tweaked for these latest mods.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
looks good.

LOL @ partying chipmonks! youll like the turbo blanket too, itll smell for a day or so but it goes away... ever think of removing the plastic shroud, its only for looks, and i have a strange hunch it adds to heat soak!

when are you heading over to efi for the retune?

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good.

LOL @ partying chipmonks! youll like the turbo blanket too, itll smell for a day or so but it goes away... ever think of removing the plastic shroud, its only for looks, and i have a strange hunch it adds to heat soak!

when are you heading over to efi for the retune?
Thanks!

Yeah, I was like "*** ?" when I saw all of that stuff under the IM. Took a few minutes with the shop vac to get it all cleaned out. Damned chipmunks are worse than my kids not cleaning up after themselves.

Have an appointment at EFI Logics on April 10, but I am going to see if they can take me next Saturday. I got on it a bit before and the car does feel a little different. I'm thinking there may be some room for tune tweaking...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts