Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the aftermarket turbo heat shield, such as the one from COBB, work better than the modified stock one, when upgrading the DP?

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
It probably won't work better, but you won't have to trim your stock one to fit. That said, I trimmed mine and saved the $.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I have a cusco one and it works great. I ran without a heatshield for a while and the temp difference at the IC was VERY noticable.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the aftermarket ones don't work better, I guess modifying the stock is the way to go...

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
F1 Rox said:
If the aftermarket ones don't work better, I guess modifying the stock is the way to go...

I bought the COBB (fair at best fit)......regret not just putting cash toward something else and cutting the stocker.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Yea, it's all about the same. If you have the tools to cut the stock one then do it. It may look stealthier too.

F1 Rox said:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Peaty,

I have already marked your DP install page as my home page two weeks ago.

Thanks for the instructions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
-1 For the Cobb. Fitment was almost non-existant on my 05. Two of the three bolts lined up and the 3rd either needs a metal braket to extend it or as in my case a zip tie to secure it from flopping around.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Gruppe-S doesn't fit our cars. It's WRX specific. I commented on it in their Vendor thread. I got one with my Helix DP.

I made my own out of some ducting from ACE using rivets, a drill, and bending it with my vice. It doesn't look to bad, but then again, nobodies looking under my hood. Their best view of my car is usually from behind. :)

Frank

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
363 Posts
I invested the 15 or 20 bucks on a nice pair of aviation snips. Worked like a charm, and now there is one more tool for the collection...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts