Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed a Boost/Vac gauge themselves and was it easy? also where did you mount it?

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
2,225 Posts
I have the Subigal pod. Oviously it mounts on the drivers side of the dash at the bottom of the A-pillar. It took about 5 minutes to install.

Ben

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a minor factory gauge factoid/observation

I have the (dealer-installed) factory column-mounted Turbo Gauge in my shiny new '06 FXT. One thing I've noticed at night is that the gauge illumination appears to cover only the top half (positive boost territory) of the gauge between the 9 0'clock and 3 o'clock needle positions. For the bottom half of the gauge, there's either a light that doesn't work very well, one that doesn't work at all, or no illumination of that range by design. Can anyone else with the factory column-mounted gauge comment?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use to have the factory gauge in my wrx and it was full illumination.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
at the bottom of the page in my first link you will see a shot of the gauge at night.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
349 Posts
Does the OEM gauge dim with the interior lights? and has anyone used the "condoms" to change it to a green color? How about the best mounting spot as to not block other things. I was thinking about as far to the right as i could. Maybe it would only block the upper RPM area that i would never get to anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts