Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the road went to accelerate hard coming off an on ramp and the car jerked and hesitated. I tried the pedal again and it I got this nasty spoons in a garbage disposal sound. This is my first turbo to go on me :icon_cry: Luckily it happened near my work so I flatbed towed the car to MachV (right down the street) where Mike will take a look at it on Monday. Won't know anything until then.

I do know I need a new VF43...so anyone got one for me? Let me know. Thanks.

Update: Engine is dead but don't know if the turbo is okay or not. Will update when I know.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
ahhh that sucks dude.. :( Sorry to hear..

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Off an on ramp?:huh:
Off ramp, on ramp...it's all the same to me. I was going off one fast 4 laner to another fast 3 laner.

But seriously, silver lining on that cloud says bigger and faster:biggrin:
I am already pretty fast now at 300WHP...I don't want to go through the hassle of a retune right now since I start a new job on Monday so I just want to go with the same turbo that was already on there and protuned for: a VF43. I pray nothing else is wrong with the engine. :(

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andrew might have one upstairs. Give Dan a buzz.

That really stinks, but maybe this will cheer you up!

YouTube - Fork In The Garbage Disposal
Thanks. Yeah, andrewtech closes at 6PM and I don't have Dan's Cell# anymore do to it being on my old crackberry that I left on my car and then drove off <hits self in head for doing that>.:chair:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
Well that's a crappy start to the weekend. :( Hope you can get it sorted soon.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,255 Posts
Thanks to both of you for highlighting my grammatical error. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Well I had paypal sent for a vf48 but the shop that was doing the seller's swap had sold it without telling him. If I had got it this week I would have sold you my vf43 to return the favor.:icon_wink:Sorry man I will keep a look out for you.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
Sorry to hear about your turbo going south.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts