Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ll bean, 2002 L (RIP)
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, as stated I've reached a stopping point with my fozzy, put lots of love into her in the past year and now shes showing signs of head gasket failure, early, but still, I cannot afford to put her down for the time I'm going to need to fix her, nor a place to do it for that matter, so I've decided to part with her and try to find an older model with a standard trans.
My question is how much do I ask? I've replaced many parts and devices it regularly upto this point,and don't really wanna lose my donkey on it, but I understand what goes into the inevitable hg job so what would y'all think?
07 forester ll bean, loaded everything works, sans cruise.. ( cel misfire cyl. 3 )
Very nice shape cosmetically speaking.
I couldn't really find anything online to reference so I thought I'd ask here,
Thanx in advance for any ideas

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
1,134 Posts
Just go off Kelly Blue Book value, then subtract what ever you think a head gasket job would cost.
You can go about this two ways: Sell it "As is" and let the other dude worry about it.
Or be upfront and say the head gasket is on its way out, and sell it cheaper.

My take on it, is that anyone that wants to buy a '10 and under Subaru should have done their homework and expect a head gasket job sooner or later.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
103 Posts
Do you have photos? Comparing yours to cosmetically similar ones of the same age and mileage is possible online.

The next question would be whether you have detailed maintenance records.

A serious buyer, like someone who visits here could be, would want the detailed history, the pics, and would also know what to expect [HG issue, probable moonroof issue, etc.] Your transmission and engine maintenance would be of critical interest, of course.

Without detailed maintenance records, I agree with Mr. AC as to a general offering.

Alternatively you could use it in your trade for another vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.