Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 forester
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my buddy and i hightailed it over to the nat'l park in texas then swung back through Chiracahua mtns (and monument) in far SE'ern arizona a couple weeks ago. apparently this road we took was opened up three days or so before we crossed it and i have no idea why it couldn't have been opened a few weeks before that easily. there was a water crossing which was the first for this guy :) anyways, enjoy...

lastly, a random phoenix shot:

if any of you get the chance, make it down the Chiricahua's, gorgeous!

·
Registered
2010 forester
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. They are BF A/T's 215/70/R16 with steel wheels

and nope not lifted a bit.

·
Registered
2010 forester
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope is going to be my answer. the back ones are really close (maybe 1/4 in. to spare) but even tight uturn doing a hard acceleration i don't notice any rubbing or weird noises. you get used to the louder tire noise from the road/highway very quickly :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 forester xt 4eat
1,294 Posts
Im new to the tire thing on off/on road.

I like the look of yours. Noted.

What in your experience is the difference b/n regular on road tires, and these BF tires??

·
Registered
2010 forester
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b/t the different tires, (though i only had the stock ones for 6 months or so), including the full size spare which barely fits, the weight is increased. so i think it slows down not as quickly. not drastic but the few times i have to slam on the brakes i think i notice. they're louder for sure. but you get used to it. you can rub a curb and not end up hitting the wheel. i'm not a tire fanatic but those are the basics for me anyway. hope that helps.

·
Registered
2000 Forester 4 Speed Auto
44 Posts
Nice pics. I'd love to go there. The SW is the only part of America I've not seen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts