Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for some photos!

We were the only ones running with dogs in the back, a constant laugh for the volunteers working the starting gate. :lol:

Lots of subi on subi action. We had a GREAT time kicking STi butt!! :woohoo:

The lines were very long. They eventually had to turn people away. Was talking to some of the starting gate guys, they said they'd never had this many people here. They don't advertise, asked me if I knew where all the subarus came from. Told them probably the forums.

We didn't mind waiting, it was totally worth it!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

You can guess who won this one!! :lol:

Black outback running some nasty bolts in his tires. Look who they matched him up against! And yeah, the Outback won! *bow

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look who we had to race! Usually they wouldn't match us up with a built jeep, but that is the driver's daughter in the passenger seat so he was going to "take it easy." He still almost lapped us!! :huh:

Plenty of sweet built ice rigs

Our two favorite cars there:

First, a subtly and tastefully modified STi.:

Second, a sweeeeet '82 toyota!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, we raced and beat Subacool, which felt kinda good seeing as he autocrosses (he'll make plenty of excuses).

Kodi took a nap:

We had a good giggle at this guy that locked himself out and didn't have a spare anywhere. We tried to help, but didn't feel too bad. Talk about total ricer...

This was neat:

Still lots of subarus:

Gawked at the coolest people there, a couple easily in their 60's :rock::

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lake surface was really beautiful:

Karla wanted nothing to do with walking on it though. :lol:

And the boys were happy to get on solid ground on the far end of the lake while Karla and I messed around. Can you tell which one likes snow and which doesn't? :lol:

Got studs? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Karla and I alternated driving all day, I gave her first round of messing around on the open ice.
She was a bit more hungover than I was, so just went sideway instead of donuts... Probably a good call!

Her having fun:

No pictures of me messing around, but I think Karla got some video. When it was all said and done:

Beautiful drive home too!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Awesome trip report, as usual... and I'm glad to see Dash still gets to have fun too!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome trip report, as usual... and I'm glad to see Dash still gets to have fun too!
Oh heck yeah!! I'm considering racing. For once though I wish I didn't have studs, as that puts me in a different class from other street cars. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
So, we raced and beat Subacool, which felt kinda good seeing as he autocrosses (he'll make plenty of excuses).
The only thing I'll say is studs VS bare rubber, you forgot to mention that little "detail" :cool: It made my laps so slow it even put my daughter to sleep the first time out :biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excuses excuses. You're the racer.

And ROFLMAO about your daughter. Man she loves it. Way too funny.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,513 Posts
Awesome man! Wish I was still out in that part of the country. Ended up having to cut throw Colorado on my way to Utah and it was some of the most beautiful scenery I've witnessed. Looks like a blast!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's not subacool's outback... Dunno what that guys camera setup was, but he had a few strapped outside his car.

I run the studded snows all winter. I would rather not have them be studded for the racing though, as it puts me in a higher bracket. :(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts