Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 fxt
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased an 03 forester. The trip meter is counting miles, as well as the odometer, but trip meter won't reset, any suggestions? (besides tearing the dash apart and replacing the whole thing)

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,745 Posts
Do you get any evidence of life when you press the reset button, such as switching between the A meter and the B meter? Or does everything just sit there? I've found on my 03 that I'm having to push progressively harder to get anything to happen there. I'm tending to suspect some sort of slow warpage, shrinkage, or the like. I'm not sure whether the button that protrudes from the panel is indeed mechanically a part of the switch or simply bears down on the switch. In which case a thin shim in between might do the trick.

Sorry not to be able to give you a more specific answer. It's a problem that's looming at me but hasn't quite gotten to the point of having to do something about it quite yet.

·
Registered
2006 fxt
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately i don't get any response from the switch, at least the odometer works! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just purchased an 03 forester. The trip meter is counting miles, as well as the odometer, but trip meter won't reset, any suggestions? (besides tearing the dash apart and replacing the whole thing)
Has anyone noticed on their 09 forester that the trip odometer registers trip A,B, and the odometer average MPG? I think mine used to do this , but has recently stopped. The 10 forester does not have this function. Any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts