Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first posting. I bought a 2010 forester about a month ago and I cant figure out how to use the trip computer. The time and the temperature are visible at all times, but no matter what I do I cant get the milage numbers to show up. I tried following the manual, i pressed the + button while the engine was off, the the numbers flashed where they need to be and thats it (I do not know if i turned it on or off). Can anyone give me some guidence?

Thanks.
Just press the button in the display while the engine is running. It will switch to trip A then trip B. Hold the button down to reset. You can view it while the engine is off too, but I've never had a needto do it.

·
Registered
10 forester
7 Posts
This is my first posting. I bought a 2010 forester about a month ago and I cant figure out how to use the trip computer. The time and the temperature are visible at all times, but no matter what I do I cant get the milage numbers to show up. I tried following the manual, i pressed the + button while the engine was off, the the numbers flashed where they need to be and thats it (I do not know if i turned it on or off). Can anyone give me some guidence?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
What mileage do you want to see?

The Forester has no capacity to display instant MPG on the computer.

It can only display AVG. MPG when the gauge cluster has a tripometer selected (either A or B). If the odometer is selected, no MPG will be displayed on the computer.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 forester
7 Posts
Thank You for your responce. That is so brutally simple and it only took one hour of frustration and a forum to figure it out. Here I was thinking I had a real trip computer with real time and avereage milage readings with distance to empty and everything.
Thanks again, I'll play with it tonight to make sure i got it?

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
Do you have the factory NAV system? If you do there's car info screens and on one of them it does display AVG & real time mpg, along with remaining miles till fill up. Without the NAV you're limited to AVG mpg on the dash display.

·
Registered
10 forester
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I do not have a Nav system. The avg milage is for the entire trip I presume?

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
50 Posts
The avg milage is for the entire trip I presume?
I don't think it's the entire trip, just a sampling rate of the last few miles/KM's driven, you'll see if fluctuate as driving patterns change. I've noticed a 1.5 - 2 liter/100Km increase in consumption when fan and heat are on full!

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I don't think it's the entire trip, just a sampling rate of the last few miles/KM's driven, you'll see if fluctuate as driving patterns change. I've noticed a 1.5 - 2 liter/100Km increase in consumption when fan and heat are on full!
It's for the entire tripometer distance.

Log a few thousand miles, and you won't notice fluctuations.

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
are there any double din trip computers you could use for 2006 foresters?

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
You figured out that the + button has nothing to do with the trip readout thing, right? It's for setting the clock. The button to cycle between distance to empty and average economy is over by the speedometer. When you press it it cycles thru the different readouts. Your average MPG resets when you reset your trip odometer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts