Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather is getting nice and I think it's time for another meet. Jim put together a nice one last time. Let's get another going! Any ideas? I think we should shoot for a bigger lot this time and something outdoors so we can spend more time with the cars.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
im down as long as there is some kind of activity to do... im sick of standing around in a parking lot, unless there's some cones in it :biggrin:

·
Registered
06 forester xt 07 sti 6 speed
3,874 Posts
Sounds good Noah. Ive heard a lot of good things about Bear Mountain. But anywhere will do.

Oh, and for you Adam, I have some little orange cones we can place in various spots around your parked forester! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
I like Bear Mountain... I've yet to stop in there and see what "doodletown" really looks like.
If the timing works out, I might make the trip to this meet... but with things going on here it's a big "IF"

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
i have a few ideas: beach bbq, gokarting @ gpny, a cruise to somewhere scenic(ie: bear mtn maybe)

or just wait til may 2nd, and we all make a stong foz showing @ the tour de lisc :biggrin:

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been to Bear Mountain a lot on my bike. Great roads and there is a large parking lot and park at the base of the mountain where we can meet. It's even a good spot if we want to have a BBQ. I would also go back to Lime Rock, I thought that was cool.

·
Registered
2005 9-2x Aero Manual
343 Posts
I'd be down for a Bear Mountain BBQ, or a beach BBQ somewhere, and I'd of course be down for GPNY (have to get a bunch of people there at some point).

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I'll check in here every once in a while.. Bear Mt is always nice.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm down. I'm still sour I missed the last meet.

Anywhere is cool with me. If we have a cookout I'll pick up food, soda, utensils...whatever, I'm game.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Yeah. Lets get some cones up for Michelle and Adam so they don't get board. Bear mountain sounds good to me . Lets try to keep it away from other events. The WBM is June 13. Also keep it away from the auto-x's on Sundays because Adams Foz only goes in that direction. Let me know I would like to be there,
Jim

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
depending on where and how far the drive is, and the status of my car. I might be game to come up and meet some new people

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Bear Mountain is great. And, it's only about 1/2 an hour for me.

I would LOVE to go to Limerock again. My son who was 2 1/2 told me last week that he wanted to go again too. If a 2 1/2 year old remembers the meet it must have been good.

Who set that one up?

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
I sent a pm to GregB who set up the meet at Limerock, and also sent an email to Limerock to see how we can schedule a meet there again.

Here's the Limerock August and Sept schedule:

AUGUST
13-14 PERFORMANCE DRIVERS ASSOCIATION (RACE)

18-19 PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA – CONNECTICUT VALLEY AND HUDSON VALLEY REGIONS

27-28 EASTERN MOTOR RACING ASSOCIATION (EMRA)

SEPTEMBER
3-6 HISTORIC FESTVAL 28 (LABOR DAY WEEKEND)

10-11 PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA – CONNECTICUT VALLEY AND METRO NY REGIONS

24-25 PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA – CONNECTICUT VALLEY REGION

28 TEST AND TUNE (12:30-6:00pm)

Bear Mountain is easy to schedule. We can do a meet at the main parking lot (usually busy during the summer) or go to nearby Harriman State Park where LegacyGT members had a meet 2 years ago with good success. That usually has less traffic and more bbq areas available.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
i believe sleeperxt set up that meet... EMRAracing.org is hosting a time trial event @ limerock on july 9th. its perfect for first timers who want to get out on the track, they have $100 off coupon! if you register early, and use the discount thats a track day for a total of $150!!!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
i believe sleeperxt set up that meet... EMRAracing.org is hosting a time trial event @ limerock on july 9th. its perfect for first timers who want to get out on the track, they have $100 off coupon! if you register early, and use the discount thats a track day for a total of $150!!!
SWEEEET! I wanna do that! How far is LimeRock from us Adam?

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I'd love to try to come up to a meet to put a face to some of the awesome info I've gotten on here but I have my 7 year old on the weekends so I'd have to be able to keep him entertained during a meetup.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I'd love to try to come up to a meet to put a face to some of the awesome info I've gotten on here but I have my 7 year old on the weekends so I'd have to be able to keep him entertained during a meetup.
What better entertainment for a 7 year old than racing cars! :)

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
well that's true but he always wants to drive them. My neighbor has a rather worked Roush 427R mustang and he absolutely loves going for a ride in it.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Looks like ERMAracing has a Friday date in July, and Saturday August 28th. Want to plan for August 28th and this way people that want to hit the track can and those that want to spectate can?

I got a reply from the contact person at Limerock and they just need a date.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.