Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just took delivery of 2019 Forester Touring.

When scrolling through Multi-Function Display (Color LCD) and bringing up Weather Screen, it shows weather for Stamford, CT. We're in NYC Metro area.

When opening Travel Link app and selecting Weather, it shows Current Location as Stamford, CT. I have manually added NYC Metro area as a location in Travel Link app, and I can get NYC Metro weather on Travel Link app. However, Travel Link continues to show Current Location as Stamford, CT, and MFD continues to show weather for Stamford, CT.

Travel Link app will allow me to delete NYC Metro as a location, but I cannot delete Current Location of Stamford, CT.

When driving, the MFD will occasionally display weather in other towns, none of which are anywhere near my location at the time.

I have updated software, including map updates, and have set Map Region as New York, but MFD and Travel Link continue to seem to think our current location is Stamford, CT.

Apart from actually moving to Stamford, CT, are there any steps we can take to correct Weather location in Multi-Function Display and in Travel Link app?

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,848 Posts
I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Perhaps these thread will help: :confused:

How to Change Weather Forecast Location - SOLVED!
Forester Weather Location - not showing where I am

also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Bobby...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much Bobby.

I have followed the steps outlined in the 2 threads you linked, but to no avail.

I went into Sirius XM Travel Link app, selected NYC Metro as location, and Stamford, CT continues to show up on MFD.

I see that it worked for other users, but for whatever reason I must be missing something or doing something wrong.

In any event, thanks again for helping! :smile2:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have been on phone with Sirius XM and with Subaru of America, and have taken car back to dealer.

As of yet, none of the three parties seem to know how to get Travel Link weather app and MFD to show Metro NY, and not Stamford, CT, as my Current Location,

Hoping for resolution sometime soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts