Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says.. ive been searching but cant seem to find any install guides on these.. im sure theyre easy to do.. id just like a write-up with pics before i do em to make sure i dont muff up something or miss anything..

im specifically installing the Group-N STi Transmission mount and these --> Kartboy Rear Carrier Bushings (NEW Platform)

thaaaaaaaaanks

·
Registered
05 FXT 5MT
255 Posts
I've done the trans mount. It's as easy as supporting the trans and lowering the crossmember, unolting the old one and installing the new one. Advice....the crossmember bolts going into the body are secured by captive nuts that are just tackwelded in. The fine pitch threads are relatively easy to crossthread. If you feel it crossthreading, do not force it, as the nut can break loose and you'll hate life. It is no fun cutting those bolts off and absolutely miserable trying to determine the best place to drill from the inside to find the nut and replace it......

This is the passenger footwell after fixing the goof started by my co-driver. At least it was his car......he admitted to having to turn away as I drilled into a pre-production 2.5RS (#011). :)

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dam... well thanks for the advice man :icon_biggrin:

so anyone for the rear carrier bushings? cause.. i have no idea where they go :biggrin:

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
arent those the outrigger bushings tho? cause i bought both Kartboy Rear Diff Outrigger Bushings Kartboy Rear Carrier Bushings (NEW Platform)

are these 2 things the same????
Either they are the same things or you've been mislead on their applicability (second link - NOT for Forester). The only place other than outriggers you could stiffen on the rear is the diff mount to the rear subframe, but no "bushings" can be used there , as Forester uses pressed-in rubber (w/ metal sleeve) bushings, and the only options there are external reinforcements (I thing someone does make and sells them) or "customizing" with polyurethane.

P.S. If you're going to replace the trans mount, you can (should) as well replace the trans subframe bushings (I used GroupN, I think KB and TiC make them, too; may be even Whiteline).

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Either they are the same things or you've been mislead on their applicability (second link - NOT for Forester). The only place other than outriggers you could stiffen on the rear is the diff mount to the rear subframe, but no "bushings" can be used there , as Forester uses pressed-in rubber (w/ metal sleeve) bushings, and the only options there are external reinforcements (I thing someone does make and sells them) or "customizing" with polyurethane.

P.S. If you're going to replace the trans mount, you can (should) as well replace the trans subframe bushings (I used GroupN, I think KB and TiC make them, too; may be even Whiteline).
yea i got KB xmember bushings along with the group n sti engine mounts n pitchstop.. so theyre all goin in at the same time... just wasnt sure exactly on the 2 im askin about in this thread..

but yea on the 2 bushings (the outrigger n rear carrier).. KB just emailed me back n they said the rear carrier (new platform) is for the SH foresters.. outrigger is for everything before..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts