Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over at the subaruforester.com site when it was on-line, asking for help. Just wanted to post my outcome.

Here is what happened: I was doing some off roading and hit a stump and my transmission pan got hit the worse, had a huge ding in it. And the cars "at oil temp" light started flashing and the CEL came on and gave me error codes: P0740 P0700 P0004 but my car drove fine, like nothing happened.

Anyways, I was able to resolve the problem I dropped my transmission pan and found out that a wire got pinched between the oil filter and the bottom of the pan. So I fixed the wire and I banged out my pan and installed everything back. Bingo! No more at oil temp light and my CEL turned off as well.

So I was able to fix my car for about $5. Just bought some Ultra Black Gasket Maker.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah when it happened I was really worried I had done some major damage. Then I started reading posts on other forums about others who encountered the P0740 error and said that they needed a new transmission. Which really started to worry me. Glad it was something simple. Made me sleep easier :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops just noticed that there is a "Transmission and Driveline" category! The old site didn't have that so I didn't even look.

L

·
0 Posts
yeah new tranny like me....

they didn't put it in properly...so now the front diff is shot! I haven't seen my vehicle since the start of December!

But since I got my licence taken away, its kinda ok. So now I'm waiting for a doctor to tell me that I'm fine(when I know I am) to start driving again!!!

Kinda Frustrating!! :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts