Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, most of the known world thinks I'm nuts for giving up the handling, brakes, 6 speed, and fat wing...

The deal is close... I'm teetering... Steel grey. I love the idea of making STi power in a chubby wagon yo! Plus the wing is killing me and wingless just doesn't work.

peace

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
go for it, I went from a ver4 STI to a N/A 2.5 forester, I miss the power but love the insurance savings

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
welcome, the steel grey is so nice! most STi owners I've come across apreciate a modified Forester more than a modified impreza...especially when they find out its got the same guts :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
blacktzak said:
Yeah, most of the known world thinks I'm nuts for giving up the handling, brakes, 6 speed, and fat wing...

The deal is close... I'm teetering... Steel grey. I love the idea of making STi power in a chubby wagon yo! Plus the wing is killing me and wingless just doesn't work.

peace
I traded in my 04 STi for an 04 XT... you miss some things, but you like other things... I needed the room... and it delivered... ;)

and DOHCammin is right, you get more props for a modded XT than a modded STi... at the TXIC statemeet autocross I was talking to the Cobb guys and they were all talking about how they thought the XT was so much cooler than the STi... :spinnasmiley

·
6/22/76 - 12/21/14 , Gone but not forgotten
742 Posts
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side -- I wanted an '06 STI and was about to trade my Forester for one.

THEN, I went to Lake Tahoe and endured treacherous road conditions, and my entire family felt safe in my Forester. So The Forester isn't going anywhere soon!

Guess I just have to save up my pennies and buy BOTH ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah both would be nice...

I was trying to pull both. But I just couldn't swing it right now... one day...

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
I think you'd be quite happy with the FXT. The power, roominess, & sleeperness is so satisfying. And when you think about styling, as bland as it maybe, it won't be dated years down the road. The potential for mods is there & the looks on people when you blow by them in a wagon (SUV?) is priceless.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
I went from a 350whp rex to a 140whp 98RS, now to the FXT. XT isn't 350 whp.......yet.
Fun to drive, and with the extra space and ease of getting to the back seat it was a no brainer. Plus, I've wanted the XT since it came out, but can only now really afford it.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
singincanary said:
I went from a 350whp rex to a 140whp 98RS, now to the FXT. XT isn't 350 whp.......yet.
Fun to drive, and with the extra space and ease of getting to the back seat it was a no brainer. Plus, I've wanted the XT since it came out, but can only now really afford it.
*My apologies for taking this topic OT*

What year is your Rex, singincanary, and how reliable was it at 350 whp. Any major issues?

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
most car folks know what the STi is and what it's capable of.

most car folks (including a lot of subaru owners) have no idea what the XT is or what it's capable of.

friend of mine to a 04 gt mustang owner "you should race the wagon."

mustang owner to friend of mine "what, is it supposed to be fast or something?"

friend of mine to mustang owner "i've got $50 on the wagon"

:spinnasmiley

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
BlueDevil said:

most car folks (including a lot of subaru owners) have no idea what the XT is or what it's capable of.
That's quite true with many cases.

I remember some teen on I-Club (maybe NASIOC) was poking fun of the FXT and someone replied that the kid should know the proper order of the Subaru food chain. LOL

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
SKSTI said:
*My apologies for taking this topic OT*

What year is your Rex, singincanary, and how reliable was it at 350 whp. Any major issues?
Had an '02 Blaze Yellow rex. Stage IV with FPGreen, TXS FMIC, Perrin fuel rails, Walbro FP and pressure regulator, 1/2 fuel lines from the tank, 850cc injectors, RA gearset, Utec tuned on 1/2 93, 1/2 100 (so 96 octane) at 21 psi. Stock internals.

Car ran great. Was always a little afraid to really run it to the Green's potential (23psi) as I feared blowing the engine or tranny. Ran fine for 8k miles with no launches (never to track) and without hard beatings. Sold it to someone who beat on it and he put a hole the size of my fist through the back of the engine in 3k miles.

It all depends on the driver.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
the FXT is like the Big Daddy of the Impreza line. the LGT is Daddy's Boss that makes him work saturdays! the job of the FXT owners is to keep the impreza owners in line, and the FXT owners kiss the LGT owners donkey, only because we have to...its definately a tight knit family but theres a distinct food chain :D

·
Registered
2005 FXT
353 Posts
BlueDevil said:

friend of mine to a 04 gt mustang owner "you should race the wagon."

mustang owner to friend of mine "what, is it supposed to be fast or something?"

friend of mine to mustang owner "i've got $50 on the wagon"

:spinnasmiley
Mustangs are alway the least suspecting!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Pastor Spomer said:
Mustangs are alway the least suspecting!
And the most over-confident! :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok Ok...

Ive convinced the wife that we need BOTH!!! Black STi parked next to Steel Gray FXT... Sveeeet!

Oh boy... :Banane36:

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Look at this guy ... he's got an FXT, an STI, a great understanding wife and even a machine gun!

I am full of envy. :poke:

:razz:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Aleksey said:
Look at this guy ... he's got an FXT, an STI, a great understanding wife and even a machine gun!

I am full of envy. :poke:

:razz:
and a banana that shoots the machine gun for him... :bling:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dude... the banana has an fp green pushin the guns...

don't mess with the banana...

:Banane36:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts